Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2015, 00:55   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches
Florida to Abaco in February

This would suit a young man who would like to gain some short time experience on a 51 foot sail boat. My boat is currently on the hard in Florida and just waiting for a coat of anti-fouling before being put back in the water. Put some water and diesel in it and off I go to Abaco Island, Bahamas.

I will be back in the States 15 February and hope to leave for the Bahamas about 25th. I start work there the 15th of March, so there would be time for you to have a look at the Abacos.

I am very experienced. I teach sailing for a living, so you will be in good hands. You do not have to be experienced as I will teach you a lot in a short time.

Great opportunity for some one who wants to get a taste of the ocean. Please be fit. Non smoker preferred and certainly NO DRUGS!
Old 22-11-2015, 19:48   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Florida to Abaco in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlazydays View Post
This would suit a young man who would like to gain some short time experience on a 51 foot sail boat. My boat is currently on the hard in Florida and just waiting for a coat of anti-fouling before being put back in the water. Put some water and diesel in it and off I go to Abaco Island, Bahamas.

I will be back in the States 15 February and hope to leave for the Bahamas about 25th. I start work there the 15th of March, so there would be time for you to have a look at the Abacos.

I am very experienced. I teach sailing for a living, so you will be in good hands. You do not have to be experienced as I will teach you a lot in a short time.

Great opportunity for some one who wants to get a taste of the ocean. Please be fit. Non smoker preferred and certainly NO DRUGS!
Interested in an old faht to get 'er ovah theyah? I have more than 50 years of sailing/racing experience, 2600 miles offshore in 2013 on three oceans, 6000 miles offshore total. Sailed and boated in the Abacos many times. Have owned more than a dozen boats. Published early exploits, available on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Circadian-Rhyt...rcadian+rhythm

Cheers,

Scott
Old 23-11-2015, 04:36   #3

PM sent
Old 23-11-2015, 20:32   #4

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Pm sent. Thanks Bobby
Old 23-11-2015, 21:52   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cal 2-46'

If you need one more I'd be interested as well. Another old fart! Some limited off shore experience but eager to learn more. I've been sailing for many years just not as much as I'd like. I'm recently retired and want to do more. My own boat is a 1974 cal 2-46 that I've extensively refit over the last two years. PM me if you're interested in another possible crew member.
Nick

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 23-11-2015, 22:59   #6

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoul View Post
PM sent

didn't get it
Old 25-11-2015, 19:36   #7

So you are looking for someone for about 20 days?
Old 25-11-2015, 21:09   #8

Am a bit older but very experienced in offshore sailing and racing. The timing is good.

Tags
abaco, florida