Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2016, 12:25   #1

Sailing and cruising from Panama to Fiji

We are a couple sailing on a 52 ft Irwin, recent refit in 2015. We are looking to sail and cruise from Panama to Fiji and are entertaining the idea of accepting another couple for this voyage. I have done this trip 3 times already on 3 different types of boats.
We are looking for a non smoking couple, fun and adventurous and can help pay for the voyage. It's a great trip, stopping in all the islands along the way. Galápagos Islands, Marqueses islands , tuamotous, Tahiti, morea, bora bora, Tonga ,Cook Islands and on to Fiji.
Would entertain leaving sometime in May if we find the right couple. This is a hands on experience, exploring all that we can while on the boat and on islands. This is a chance of a lifetime sailing adventure. I am a 100 ton license USCG captain and my partner Jules is a licensed 200 ton first mate. We have a beautiful yacht and well cared for .
If this interested you please contact us ASAP with a resume and some information about yourselves.,,
You can contact us at info at 247sailing.net
Thanks for your time
Regards
Louis and Jules

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 21-03-2016, 18:22   #2

Re: Sailing and cruising from Panama to Fiji

Five stars for this yacht and her captain! If you get the chance to hop aboard this boat, do not let it pass by. I had the pleasure of spending 4 weeks aboard this beautiful yacht, island hopping through 4 countries down the eastern coast of Central America. From day one, I felt safe, comfortable and extremely fortunate for the opportunity. This was my first experience crewing on someone else's boat and Louis welcomed me with open arms, shared his vast knowledge of sailing, great stories and how to kick ass and take names at the card table. A generous, friendly and respectful guy, Captain taught with patience and showed us what the cruising life is all about. He has friends everywhere he goes, takes exceptional care of his boat and knows how to catch a fish. I saw a part of the world I never imagined existed, ate extremely well every day and collected a couple good stories myself. The only bad part about the trip was having to say goodbye so I hope we reunite one day. A reference from a previous crew member

Old 23-03-2016, 20:12   #3

Boat: Amel Maramu 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorpirate View Post
We are a couple sailing on a 52 ft Irwin, recent refit in 2015. We are looking to sail and cruise from Panama to Fiji and are entertaining the idea of accepting another couple for this voyage.
If this interested you please contact us ASAP with a resume and some information about yourselves.,,
You can contact us at info at 247sailing.net
Thanks for your time
Regards
Louis and Jules

Just sent PM and email regarding your proposed trip - thanks Dennis
Old 01-04-2016, 06:35   #4

Just sent a PM!
Old 08-04-2016, 20:27   #5

Hiya Louis and Jules

We are interested to face the challenge!!!!, even more with such vast experience both of you got.
Currently we are in Cartagena waiting for a new adventure.
We have some experience sailing. Anita has been part of some sailing yachts working hard from cartagena to panama cooking and watching...I work as outdoor educator mostly and experienced caribbean dive master.
If you want to know more about our profile please check it out

all the best LObO

outhttp://floatplan.com/profile/LoboArciniegas
www.findacrew.net/en/crew/269376
Old 01-05-2016, 17:16   #6

Hi Louis and Jules,

Are you planning a visit to Palmerston Island in the Cooks? I live here and would love to hear from you if so. Possibly looking to crew to Fiji or further and then fly back to Raro.

Cheers,

Will.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:55   #7

I have been to Palmerston several times, what in the world are you doing living there, it's a very small island , say hi to bob from captain Louis and ask how his oldest daughter is doing...I have known them for quit a while now...we were last there when he picton castle was there back in 2010.

Old 10-05-2016, 17:09   #8

Are still looking for a couple?

Old 16-05-2016, 07:01   #9

Hey there-

I know you mentioned you're looking for a couple and I'll be traveling solo, but figured it'd be worth reaching out I'm 28 y/o F, based out of the US now. Quitting my job in July and I want to spend some time at sea and hoping to ultimately make my way towards New Zealand. I don't really have any sailing experience (unless you count sailing an opti as a kid), but I absolutely love the lifestyle and am really eager to learn. I also won't be able to depart until Mid-July earliest.

If I'm not disqualified, here's a little more info about me. I'm a VERY low-maintenance traveler. I love adventure and not having a plan. I run marathons and I'm a yoga instructor, so very active. I co-founded a software company a few years ago, it didn't work out but actively seeking inspiration for a second venture. Feel free to ask any other questions you guys have.

Best,
Farrell
Old 28-05-2016, 02:58   #10

We have delayed the trip across the South Pacific until next year, we are currently cruising and sailing in the Caribbean islands until a hurricane shows up....always have a cabin available, contribution required

Info at 247 sailing.net

Old 28-05-2016, 02:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCoastGypsy View Post
Are still looking for a couple?

We always look for couples that want to sail and cruise aboard a well founded vessel....
Info at 247 sailing.net

Old 03-06-2016, 18:25   #12

Hi Louis and Jules,

Wondering if you would crew a family of four? my Wife 31, my boys 9 - 11 well mannered and switched on, and my self 34.
None smokers, vegetarian we can cook clean.

if interested let me know.

regards
Andy

Tags
cruising, Fiji, Panama, sail, sailing