Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2016, 13:13   #1

Boat: HR 46
USVI/Puerto Rico - Panama - French Polynesia

Crew wanted for some enjoyable adventure sailing aboard Hallberg Rassy 46 'Scattergood' as we head west this winter:

March 2016: USVI - Panama
April 2016: Panama - Galapagos
April-May 2016: Galapagos - French Polynesia

Some sailing experience is a must and offshore knowledge a big plus but looking mostly for smart, open-minded individuals who can contribute energy and ideas to the sailing adventure. Amateur marine biologists, SCUBA divers, gourmets, astronomers, surfers... welcome.

If interested, please write down a few things about yourself. A brief sailing cv and a picture will also be helpful.
Old 28-01-2016, 13:10   #2

Re: USVI/Puerto Rico - Panama - French Polynesia

Hello! Interested in your itinerary and you experiences. I have quite a few passages under my belt including a trans-atlantic. I'm also an excellent chef. E-mail me at jonshmon at yahoo dot com and we can talk more. Thanks!
Old 28-01-2016, 22:16   #3

I've been chartering/sailing in the Caribbean a few weeks a year these last 7 years after getting my ASA 101,103,104. Degree in structural engineering, own my own business. Competent McGeyver, professional and can do attitude. Available March and/or April. Griff210 at hotmail . Com

Lee
Old 30-01-2016, 08:37   #4

The leg in March is right down my alley. I love the Caribbean, it's been a while, but I've sailed (as crew) from Florida to the Bahamas, mainland FL to the Dry Tortugas, and around the Virgin Islands, as well as a bit around here in St. Augustine FL. I've SCUBA dove around Hopetown, the Exumas, and the BVI. I have advanced certification from PADI.
I've been surfing since 1988. I've surfed all over central America, also Chile, the Bahamas, and Ireland. I like big waves and have a deep love and respect of the ocean.
I have a MS in Biology and have studied coral reef ecosystems. I'm a carpenter and very good with all tools and mechanical things. I'm also good at freediving and ocean swimming.
I'm also a musician and an artist...
I'm taking ASA 101-104 now and planning to buy a boat to live on soon, and experience in the Caribbean would be valuable to me.
I'm 45, 5'10 160lbs, in very good athletic condition and I don't drink.
Old 30-01-2016, 09:43   #5

Boat: Sail Eldredge McInnes Eastward Ho 30'

I am available too.... BS Engineering.... many years of troubleshooting and problem solving experience... excellent swimmer... quiet and companionable.... studious and curious Jack
email me at minottx at g mail dot com for more info.
Old 31-01-2016, 14:59   #6

I'm interested in joining your cruise.About me:
Experienced sailor, racer, owner.
CPA, Financial Analyst, Retired
US Passport
Married, 66 yo, male, very fit non-smoker
First Responder, First Aid Certified, CPR
Have raced sailboats in all kinds of weather – lakes and coastal.
Can cook, stand watch, share expenses, travel to and from connections. I’m not a mechanic, but can change a fuel filter and repair running lights.
Seeking to crew on East Coast deliveries or cruises to US/Carribean. Safety is job one… two, three, four…
When not sailing, I am kayaking, biking or golfing. I play the banjo and usually travel with a ukulele.
Looking for adventure and to build offshore hours. I love sailing the BVI.
Email; terryhoye at gmail.com phone/text 423-509-9816
Am delivering a boat from Fl to Galveston in Feb. but am available after that.
Check out this video; https://youtu.be/AYDU5XXW_nI I can make one for you.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:28   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to beiusei

I am interested in it, *but i am currently travelling Mexico and in that case i should change quickly my plans.

I am 40, english, spanish, italian speaking

Basic cook and Divemaster, Watchkeeper and deckhand.

My fb is *www.facebook.com/beiusei

I wait your reply soon because of my travel itinerary.

Thanks so much

Sent from my SM-T715C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 07-02-2016, 14:07   #8

HI my name is Griffin, 28 years old

Very Interested in the cruising plans that you have laid out.

I see their has been other interest, but I am a very capable sailor. Have my Yachtmaster offshore and Ocean. Done 3 Atlantic crossings on a 1924 Gaff rigged Schooner as first mate and rigger. Also am a chef looking for an adventure. Very personable and easy to get along with

PM me for further communication or questions.

Thanks for you time
Old 09-02-2016, 15:27   #9

Hello,

I would love to join your adventure.
I have 15 yrs of sailing experience with offshore experience on a Hylas 46. I have done a live aboard and looking to do more.
I can be available for the entire voyage.
Clean, neat, fun loving, intelligent, can cook, do provisioning, have navigation skills, do watches & scuba. Good at paperwork and organization.
PM me for more info & pic.
Old 20-02-2016, 14:47   #10

Boat: Sail Eldredge McInnes Eastward Ho 30'

I started sailing in Cape Cod Bay as a boy sailing the coast from Barnstable to Provincetown. I have owned or partnered buying and selling sail boats from 14 to 56 feet.

I sailed Buzzard's Bay,Newport, Boston Harbor and the Gulf of Maine. I sailed Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall for ten years on my Eldredge McInnes Eastward Ho.

I cruised Puget Sound for two weeks in 1988.

I crossed the Pacific from Seattle to Honolulu end of May to mid June 2003.

I served in Iraq and cruised the coast off Kuwait with some friends just prior to returning to the USA in March 2004.
I vacation sailed the Gulf of Mexico from Biloxi, MS to Brownsville , TX between 2004 and 2008
I returned to Cape Cod in December 2008 and have sailed on Buzzard’s Bay and Cape Cod Bay since then.
I think the best sailing and weather learning experience has been living year round on Cape Cod observing and learning from the extreme weather and sailing conditions that exist there. I learned to respect the power of the wind, freezing temperatures, ice, the surge of the tide, cross currents, the isolation and the knowledge that under severe conditions being well prepared is always necessary.
I can provide more information if necessary.
Old 22-02-2016, 11:55   #11

Hi,

My name is Atef, I'm a French/Tunisian traveler and I'm very interested to join you on this trip. I've been traveling around the world for almost a year. Now I'm in south america and heading north to Panama where I hope to get on a boat for French Polynesia, NZ or Australia.

I have no sailing experience but I can help on board and I'm a sociable person. Please check my previous adventures my Facebook page www.facebook.com/atef.hors.piste

We can plan a phone call or an exchange on Skype.

Kind regards,
Atef.
Old 02-03-2016, 13:05   #12

Wow this sounds like an incredible trip! I am very interested in joining you guys for a leg of the journey.

About me: My name is Stephen, and I am a 29 y/o guy. I have a BS in Computer Science, I used to work for Google but I quit my job to travel and to start my own business. I am an avid kiteboarder, SCUBA certified, I know how to spearfish, and I have my ASA 103 certificate. I used to be a part owner of a C&C 27. I can also speak a bit of Spanish. I would love to check out some of the more remote areas of the Caribbean to kitesurf and SCUBA dive. The Galapagos have been on my list forever as well.

I hope you guys find the crew you're looking for. Feel free to email me at stephenmattison AT gmail.com

Take care.
Old 04-03-2016, 22:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockall View Post
Crew wanted for some enjoyable adventure sailing aboard Hallberg Rassy 46 'Scattergood' as we head west this winter:

March 2016: USVI - Panama
April 2016: Panama - Galapagos
April-May 2016: Galapagos - French Polynesia

Some sailing experience is a must and offshore knowledge a big plus but looking mostly for smart, open-minded individuals who can contribute energy and ideas to the sailing adventure. Amateur marine biologists, SCUBA divers, gourmets, astronomers, surfers... welcome.

If interested, please write down a few things about yourself. A brief sailing cv and a picture will also be helpful.
Aloha!
I am definitely interested in your USVI- Panama-Galapagos-French Polynesia sailing adventure.
Here is my brief sailing cv:
USCG Masters License 100 Ton w/ Sailing endorsement
Boat Captain & Crew for Dive/Snorkel operators on Maui/BVIs/Antigua/Grand Cayman on boats ranging from 38ft Aluminum Power Boats up to 65' Sailing Tri-marans.
PADI SCUBA INSTRUCTOR
AVID SURFER, KITESURFER, SUP

47yr young male. MA in Sport Psychology. I grew up sailing on a 47' ketch on the Chesapeake Bay. I generally spend my summers on Maui and winters in Jackson Hole, WY. I have sailed around the BVIs & Antigua. I have surfed off of Panama. Last Fall I dove the Galapagos off of a liveaboard...EPIC! Looking to surf, dive, sail French Polynesia (surfed & scuba dived Fiji).

If you think I might be an asset to your adventure, please email me for more information at gaeng@hotmail.com

Tags
enc, French Polynesia, Panama, Puerto Rico