Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2017, 06:11   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 40.3 Sun Odyssey - Devante's Dream
Caribbean to Newport passage May 2017

Hello Sailors,

What: Looking for two crew for an ocean passage on a fully equipped Beneteau Oceanis 46; life raft, Class B AIS (send and receive), Epirb, sat phone, sat tracking web page, unlimited texting, radar, large format chart plotters, auto-helm, roller main, 3 cabin, 2 head, solar power, etc..

Where: From the Caribbean (most likely USVI or BVI) to Newport RI via Bermuda.

When: Early May departure, total trip time including layover in Bermuda up to 14 days (10-12 days of sailing) for a mid May arrival in Newport RI USA. Okay to get on board early in US/BVI to cruise the local area and prepare for the passage.

How: Crew pays their own travel expenses and shore-side meals, skipper pays for all on board provisions and boat expenses.

Who: You; some watch keeping experience on ocean passages. Might be good for a couple looking to gain experience together.
Skipper; has extensive ocean passage and cruising experience.

Fair winds,

Eric
elangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 21:30   #2

Re: Caribbean to Newport passage May 2017

Hi Eric

We are a mature couple looking to gain more experience while waiting for our own boat and would love to join you for this passage. I will PM more info.
djbjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:55   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, djbjb.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:28   #4

Boat: Cabo Rico 45

PM sent.
davido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 14:21   #5

Boat: Catalina, 27, 27'
Send a message via Skype™ to Edmaro Cabete

Hello Kevin,

Do you have actuakl dates for this passage? I am taking my ASA 105 and ASA 106 on May and I am available after May 23. I interested to get more ocean hours sailing and I would love to join your boat if possible.
Please let me know if his dates would work with your schedule and if you would be interested on me joining your boat.
Thank you.
Edmaro
Edmaro Cabete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:31   #6

Eric, I sent you a PM.
scotiansailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 16:12   #7

Hi Eric:

I'd be interested to learn more! I am an American currently traveling in South America. Have a look at my profile for a bit of information about myself and my experience on the water.

Having worked on cruise ships in the past, I do have a TWIC card, but unfortunately it is not physically on me at the moment (I neglected to bring it while traveling). I can see about having it parceled to me from Seattle if you were willing to bring me onboard and/or if it would be helpful for me to have on-hand.

My schedule is fairly flexible: I am able to work while I travel so I don't have a set date that I need to be back in the States but May was my ideal return time. I would be traveling on airmiles to USVI or BVI so I don't need a ton of notice to book a flight either.

I'm easy to get along with and a hard worker; I hope to hear more from you about this opportunity! Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have.

Cheers,
-Steve
MrSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 21:06   #8

Hello Eric-
My wife and I would be extremely interested in learning more about your passage. We are avid, intermediate sailors, a couple of overnight trips, survived Buras in the Adriatic, a cyclone in The Whitsundays. We share our sailing duties, and have ASA 105--looking for an opportunity to contribute with hard work, diligence, and while gaining some great experience. My wife is in the BVI now, and I'll be joining her in a couple of weeks for some home renos there and would be ready to join your voyage around the beginning of May. Hope to hear back from you! Regards, Chris

=elangley;2320937]Hello Sailors,

What: Looking for two crew for an ocean passage on a fully equipped Beneteau Oceanis 46; life raft, Class B AIS (send and receive), Epirb, sat phone, sat tracking web page, unlimited texting, radar, large format chart plotters, auto-helm, roller main, 3 cabin, 2 head, solar power, etc..

Where: From the Caribbean (most likely USVI or BVI) to Newport RI via Bermuda.

When: Early May departure, total trip time including layover in Bermuda up to 14 days (10-12 days of sailing) for a mid May arrival in Newport RI USA. Okay to get on board early in US/BVI to cruise the local area and prepare for the passage.

How: Crew pays their own travel expenses and shore-side meals, skipper pays for all on board provisions and boat expenses.

Who: You; some watch keeping experience on ocean passages. Might be good for a couple looking to gain experience together.
Skipper; has extensive ocean passage and cruising experience.

Fair winds,

Eric[/QUOTE]
clange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 19:32   #9

Hello Eric-
My wife and I would be extremely interested in learning more about your passage. We are avid, intermediate sailors, a couple of overnight trips, survived Buras in the Adriatic, a cyclone in The Whitsundays. We share our sailing duties, and have ASA 105--looking for an opportunity to contribute with hard work, diligence, and while gaining some great experience. My wife is in the BVI now, and I'll be joining her in a couple of weeks for some home renos there and would be ready to join your voyage around the beginning of May. Hope to hear back from you! Regards, Chris Lange
clange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2017, 10:02   #10

Hi Eric, Sent you a PM. Please get back to me.
scotiansailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:50   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmaro Cabete View Post
Hello Kevin,

Do you have actuakl dates for this passage? I am taking my ASA 105 and ASA 106 on May and I am available after May 23. I interested to get more ocean hours sailing and I would love to join your boat if possible.
Please let me know if his dates would work with your schedule and if you would be interested on me joining your boat.
Thank you.
Edmaro
Hi Edmaro,

The window for this passage is April 28th through May 15th, so it probably won't work for you.

Fair winds,

~eric
Old 28-03-2017, 21:03   #12

Boat: 2006 Passport 470

Very interested.
About to PM you
Bill Berner
Billberner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 10:45   #13

Hi Eric -

If this position isn't already filled, I would like to get more information. I'm a small boat guy looking for more blue water experience. Have done coastal stuff and BVI a number of times. Timing looks good.

r o b d.
ThistleSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:45   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

Have done st. Thomas to Huntingto 2 times in 9m day
Can do watch and never get sea sick
thanks
Marian
Do not know how to contact you directly nor know if I should include email? So not for now
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 06:05   #15

Re: Caribbean to Newport passage May 2017 - FILLED

Hello All,

The response to this crew request was great with many qualified sailors and those looking to gain offshore experience.

Crew has been selected for this passage. Though if something happens the positions could open up again.

Thank you for all the responses and kudos to the Cruiser Forum for bringing up together!

~eric

S/V Imagine

Tags
Caribbean, newport, passage, rib