Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2017, 07:11   #1

Affordable Berths/Moorings in Europe/Med.

Hi there,

I am new here, so a warm hello to everyone!

We just bought our first larger boat, a Dean 365 cat (11 x 5m), and are looking for long-term storage/mooring/berth for our cat.

We DO NOT need conveniences or facilities, we are just looking for an affordable and safe place to keep our boat. She is currently in Cyrpus, but we would like to move her to somewhere else, anywhere in the Med, Atlantic coast of Portugal or even the Black Sea.

I have seen that there have been quite a few threads regarding cheap marinas, but the ones I have seen are several years old and they do not really address even simpler/more affordable solutions. I would also not consider most marinas really affordable (meaning less than 2000-2500 Euros per year)

So, we would be open to any suggestions. We had a boat in New Zealand and left that on a swing mooring. Does a similar system actually exist in Europe? If yes, how could we get more info? It could also go on the dry, or whatever. Just looking for cheap and safe options at this point...

Any help and info are greatly appreciated.
Alhambro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Europe, mooring, rope