Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019, 07:35   #1

Atlantic crossing with delivery Captain.

Happy New Year, and Good Morning,

I'm looking to sign on as crew on an Atlantic crossing in 2019. Others from CF have suggested the ARC rally (due to it's relativity set schedule) and I'm investigating/pursuing that option. I would also like to see if there are any professional delivery Captains that are looking for capable/experienced crew.

Sailing Resume:
ASA through 106, 30+ charters, on boats from 30-46' (sailing Galveston Bay, usually in charge of the boat) 5 Offshore races (Gulf of Mexico) as crew, watch lead, provisioning and cooking. A week long, bareboat 40' catamaran charter in the BVI's.

Personal:
49, married, healthy, fit (run a dozen 5k races, a couple 10k and one half marathon each year). Veteran, business owner (technology related), firefighter, EMS provider.

Perceived Pros:
Can take up to a month off.
Capable crew member, mechanically inclined, familiar with 12v systems, I can cook.
Medical training.
TWIC

Cons:
Fire department shifts are scheduled 6 weeks out (need lead time before trip).
Difficult (but not impossible) to take more than 4 weeks off.

I'm able to provide many references from Captains I've sailed with previously.

I understand a Captain may be looking for a shorter "shakedown" trip before a crossing to ensure communication, skills, compatibility. This can be arranged.

Thanks for spending the time to read, if there is any pertinent information I'm missing, please reach out, I'd be happy to provide. As well, if anyone has any feedback on this post that would help me find the crew position I'm looking for, it would be much appreciated.
SailngInTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlantic crossing, captain, delivery