Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2016, 20:01   #1

Boat: Bavaria 46 Cruiser
Talking Mediterranean,

Athens, Greece to Spain, near Gibraltar 8th July to 11th August 2016. Two experienced Australians with a Bavaria 46 Cruiser, 4 cabin. Planning at this stage to go via the Corinth canal, Gulf of Corinth, Kefalonia, to Italy and through the Messina straight along coast of Sicily to Sardinia then on to Spain. We are flexible with timing and stops. We are seeking two crew, hopefully with Mediterranean cruising experience or anyone with a happy and enthusiastic attitude. Small contribution and share food and consumables. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 18-06-2016, 20:29   #2

Re: Mediterranean,

Hi Guys,
I will be arriving in France, early July, and was planning on doing a bit of a bike tour through Italy, and the Balkans. I would definitely consider heading straight to wherever you guys are at, and joining you, or starting my tour, and meeting up midway through somewhere in the Med. I haven't sailed in the Med before, but have done Panama-NZ, NZ-Fiji, and Fiji-Oz. It's been quite a few years since I have been sailing, but would definitely be keen to tour around that way for awhile. I have a folding bicycle, so, depending on the situation, should be pretty easy to stow. I am planning on spending about 3-4 months in Europe, before heading to Africa. Anyways, it would be great to get some more details, and we could chat a bit more and see if it seems like a good fit.
Thanks,
S.
Old 21-06-2016, 16:28   #3

Boat: Bavaria 46 Cruiser

Hey ShantiFree,
This arrangement sounds like it could work. There is an adventurous spirit there! Stowing the bike shouldn't be a problem. Your past trips sound great,. I hope cover the same waters in the near future so I would also like to hear your stories.

Geoff.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:02   #4

Hello Geoff,
I'm interested to join your for part of your trip 2 or three weeks depends how long I can be away.
I've been sailing for some years now in some local races here at home and done some sailing trips at the Aegean the last years .
Well if you still need someone let me know and we can talk more.
fairly winds
Michalis
Old 18-07-2016, 10:28   #5

Hi, My name is Pedro, 58 years old, Brazilian and part of my life dream is to have a Sailboat in the Mediterranean to live a couple of years. I have a nice experience in the sea with Master License issued by Brazilian Navy, I sail Laser's and J24, Right know I have a sport motor boat 40 feet's. Always hands on (Graduated in Engineering) I do maintenance, cooking, cleaning, navigation, watching and all the needs in the vessel.
I m looking for a experience trip in the Med to feel the taste of my future adventure.
Old 21-07-2016, 08:34   #6

Hi guys

I will be backpacking in the atlas mountains in morocco for a few days. I'll be back in spain and available for whatever adventure and destination on the 12th of August.
I have no previous experience sailing, but i learn fast. I can cook, and i work well with hands and i'll be glad to help with any task.
I am positive and easygoing.
If you feel like it, we can chat to see if it fits.
Best wishes
Jorge
Old 05-08-2016, 12:37   #7

Hey guys,

I'll be in Italy/Greece for the end of August. Any chance you will be cruising around still? I am supposed to ride a motorbike around Europe, but happy to hold off to sail for a while. Of course happy to pay my way and share costs.

Quick Bio: Canadian Oil and Gas Engineer who said screw it and jumped on a motorbike in 2005. And now it's time to switch to boats! Did a little racing in NZ and just bought a little Siren 17 to learn how to skip. Looking to gain more experience and hoping to crew on some good boats with good people.

cheers,
Brad
Old 07-08-2016, 14:56   #8

Hello! Are you still looking for crew ? Tks

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 08-08-2016, 05:30   #9

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis

Go around the Pellepones a beautiful trip! Corinth canal is super expensive.
We, some kiwis, have done the around trip twice and really liked it.

Can PM you some tips from our trip heading west to GiB and onwards if you like.

Cheers from the w'indies.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:25   #10

Boat: Island Packet 320
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomea

I am interested. Im fairly new to sailing but very hard working, easy going & very positive attitude. Ive recently passed ASA 101/103 here in the US, & will be getting my ENG1 next month

Tags
mediterranean