Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2017, 16:07   #1

Boat: Valiant 42
Crew wanted

Looking for one experienced crew to assist me in moving my Valiant 42 from St Thomas to Georgetown Bahamas around February 7th thru 21st. Mostly day sailing but will be a two night passage from Puerto Rico to Bahamas. Must be experienced offshore and standing watches.
Thanks, Steve
Sbkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 05:08   #2

Boat: Hunter 27' 1988
Re: Crew wanted

Hi,
I am interested in crewing for you. I am 65 and recently retired from IBM as an IT Architect. I would classify myself as having mid level but rusty sailing skills. I am ASA certified for bareboat chartering and coastal navigation. I own an older 27' Hunter that I do all of the work on myself. It's on the hard right now and in need of some serious repairs but I'd rather go sailing 😊 I mostly do single handed sailing on inland lakes but I have done a couple of week long trips out of Newport, RI as 1st mate on 40' boats and two 10 day trips in the Med on a 40' cat. I have not ever done any off shore sailing but I have stood watch. I have been on several trips where we were out of sight of land at time. Roughest weather I've delt with was 6-7' seas, thick fog and 35 knot wind.

I'm easy going. I've been a foster dad to 14 foster kids so I learned a lot of patience and give and take along the way. Never been to the VIs before. It's high on my bucket list. Very flexible on scheduling. I am a home wine maker but not a heavy drinker. Give away more than I drink. Please let me know if you are interested. I can send you my sailing resume.
haynesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 01:46   #3
DtM

What, if any, other crew do you have?
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 03:52   #4

Boat: Valiant 42

Sorry, I've had spotty internet. I usually just sail with myself and one other person onboard. My girlfriend has to fly home from st Thomas, I had a friend that was going to join me but he's had some health issues that prevent it. The boat is 12 years old I've owned it since new and have cruised Carribean and Bahamas extensively.
Sbkidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted