Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2016, 08:46   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450 2016
Send a message via Yahoo to zazie
Atlantic crossing on new Lagoon 450 catamaran

Looking for an experienced sailor or couple to crew for Atlantic Crossing with the Atlantic Odyssey (Jimmy Cornell) Looking for an experienced sailor to complete our crew for Atlantic Crossing. Atlantic Odyssey & Caribbean Odyssey Sailing Rallies - Cornell Sailing

Leaving Tenerife 19 November 2016, will be in Barbados by December 10.
Possible pick up earlier in Gibraltar, Malaga Spain or Smir Morocco.

Non-smoking.
No shared expenses (food, fuel, marina). Not a paid position. Some offshore experience a plus. Crew need to buy their flight.
duties: Watch keeping, sail trimming, cooking if willing. Own cabin.
New Lagoon 450 3 cabins - 3 heads. Sailing family of 4 with 2 children (girl 14 and boy 12)
Old 08-10-2016, 00:10   #2

Re: Atlantic crossing on new Lagoon 450 catamaran

Hi,
I would like to discuss this opportunity with you.
Quick bio: sailing experience includes extensive bay sailing (San Francisco, CA) Some offshore and one blue waterfrom Portugal to Canary Islands. As you have two children, though I have none, I have spent time with my eleven nieces and nephews; longterm relationship with partner and her son and daughter; as well as, coached many youth soccer teams, and taught swimming classes to youth and adults.
General information: just finisged walking the Camino de Santiago from Germany to Spain, four months, now trying to sail back to the Americas.
Fairly easy going, humorous (definitely with a Calif slant,) and rrsponsible.
Write me if you wish to discuss further. Plhansell@gmail.com
Cheers
Peter
Old 10-10-2016, 09:04   #3

Would love to discuss crewing opportunity with you. Please contact me, palmiery@yahoo.com

Quick Bio:
Retired Mechanical Engineer
60 years old, great shape
Coaches high school tennis
Avid tennis player
Can cook, not a chef
Married, has two grownup daughters both lives in Seattle
I live in Ottumwa, Ia.
Certification ASA 104
Sailed:
Lagoon 47
Catalina 22
Hobie 16
Laser
Santana 20
Old 13-10-2016, 00:46   #4

Hello, you might be interested. I am Spanish captain with 30 years of experience in sailing, most of my experience sailing the Mediterranean and two Atlantic crossings, St. Lucia - Valencia (Spain) and Lanzarote (Spain) - Saint Lucia. Extensive experience in sailboats from 40 feet to 75. I have 59 years in very good physical shape. I like to cook and they say do not do bad !!! I'm used to living on boats and have a very good character. I have 3 grown and independent children. I work as a university professor in art. If you are interested you can contact me at de.travesia@hotmail.com. Thank you very much. Greetings.
Old 14-10-2016, 08:40   #5

Boat: Lagoon 450 2016
Send a message via Yahoo to zazie

this position has now been filled.

Thank you,
Old 03-11-2016, 05:09   #6

Just in case you still need someone...

hello and good evening
Just saw your add on cruizers forum
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please cotact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com
Old 12-11-2016, 16:03   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazie View Post
Looking for an experienced sailor or couple to crew for Atlantic Crossing with the Atlantic Odyssey (Jimmy Cornell) Looking for an experienced sailor to complete our crew for Atlantic Crossing. Atlantic Odyssey & Caribbean Odyssey Sailing Rallies - Cornell Sailing

Leaving Tenerife 19 November 2016, will be in Barbados by December 10.
Possible pick up earlier in Gibraltar, Malaga Spain or Smir Morocco.

Non-smoking.
No shared expenses (food, fuel, marina). Not a paid position. Some offshore experience a plus. Crew need to buy their flight.
duties: Watch keeping, sail trimming, cooking if willing. Own cabin.
New Lagoon 450 3 cabins - 3 heads. Sailing family of 4 with 2 children (girl 14 and boy 12)
Hi I send you my CV.
That you can take a look

Tags
atlantic crossing, catamaran, lagoon