Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2017, 05:23   #1

Boat: Victoire 1044
North West Spain to UK West Coast

Hello I sailed to northern Spain two handed six weeks ago.Now planning to bring yacht back to Scotland and will make stops either Southern Ireland or west coast of mainland. Yacht is 34' fully equipped with great sail combinations,full safety equipment.I am looking for one possibly two people who have some offshore experience. Yacht is currently in Vigo and I will be leaving there around 25/8 and singlehanding heading towards La Coruna and plan to set off around 2/9 taking five days to reach UK. All onboard costs will be covered by me,you just need to cover travel costs.
Bluevelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 02:04   #2

Re: North West Spain to UK West Coast

Snap! I am delivering a yacht La Coruna to James Watt Dock for an owner. It has been in NW Spain for the past 4 weeks waiting for a suitable weather window. If you are still in Vigo then miss La Coruna, because this is one of the most difficult and well known ports to leave when the winds blow in an opposite direction in a micro scenario. Professionally I also route yachts. As you are going up into the Irish Sea and to keep out of the main shipping between NW Spain and Ushant , look to head out to 10 degrees West.

I will be looking at my Gribs from next week and then travel down from Fife. I also have a delivery from the Baltic to the Solent in September. Generally this works well when the window of opportunity for going North is blocked, its good to come down the southern North Sea.

Fair winds and I hope that my insight will assist you.
katoema is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Spain, west coast