Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2014, 19:48   #1

Location: Where ever the anchor is (on way to South Africa at the moment)
Boat: Fellow Traveler, a Morgan 461
South Africa to Caribbean

I am finishing my circumnavigation and would like crew for either Richard's Bay to Capetown and/or Capetown to Caribbean. I am leaving today (14/11/14) from Reunion to South Africa, expecting to arrive in about 2 weeks and can answer any inquiries then. Vessel is 46 foot (14 meter) Morgan 461 equipped with lots of gear - windvane and autopilot, life raft, watermaker, satphone, new main, good jibs, etc. Bunk is double in main saloon as forward cabin is full of owners junk! But very comfortable boat.

Captain is USCG 100 ton Master with many miles under his keel. I would like to leave Capetown early Jan. but departure dependent upon getting boat to Capetown first of course. Preference given to those who can help with trip to Capetown.

Seeking crew to share expenses. Experience preferred, good attitude required. Must be to leave vessel in E. Caribbean at island of your choice with either appropriate visa or flying onward as Captain is going to US Virgin Islands. You may, of course, continue on to there if you have a visa for US. Logical options would be to leave vessel in Antigua, BVI, Guadeloupe, or ?

contact lobodoug (at) gmail (dot) com with particulars.
Old 16-11-2014, 16:07   #2

Re: South Africa to Caribbean

Hi! Are you still looking for crew?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 20-11-2014, 04:32   #3

I'm South African and I'm looking to join a delivery team or a deckhand position. I have a STCW 95,ENG1,RYA powerboat level 2 and a PADI rescue diver. Have a vis for the states. Please contact me on thisiscapetown@hotmail.com
Please let me know if this position is still available.

Best Regards
F. Naude
Old 04-12-2014, 13:12   #4

Hello

I am interested. Are you still looking? I have lots of Bluewater experience and just recently sailed from San Blas Panama up to Georgia. Been sailing for about 7 years.

let me know

thanks so much
Olivia
Old 13-12-2014, 00:01   #5

Location: Where ever the anchor is (on way to South Africa at the moment)
Boat: Fellow Traveler, a Morgan 461

********UPDATE*********

I am now in East London and hope to sail on to Port Elizabeth Mon/Tue. From there it is less than 400 miles to Capetown, so hope to be there by the start of the New Year. I will depart soon after that. So, if you can be in Capetown by the 1st of Jan. (or meet me in Port Elizabeth, or possibly Mossel Bay) and would like to join me to sail to the Caribbean (St Maarten? Antigua? BVI? USVI?) then contact me asap. I've had two potential crew that I could not take because of scheduling conflicts.

Tags
Africa, Caribbean, rib, South Africa