Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2014, 14:07   #1

Sailing around Fiji in July, to Vanuatu in August, then to Malaysia by November

Bula! I am a semi-permanent crew for a friend who owns a 50' Columbia type cutter currently located in Fiji. We have been sailing around the world from America. We currently have two bunks available for the right people to join us who are unique, fun, interesting, active, helpful, can cook and possibly stay longer term (two weeks to several months). We prefer females because we are 2 guys (34 and 44) and anyone who's been on boats knows that it's nice to have a balance, age isn't important but attitude is. The only things we expect from you are a positive upbeat attitude, lots of energy, ability to learn, a love of the water, and a small contribution to boat expenses. You should be adaptable to the boat life which is not always as carefree and easy as inexperienced people might think. It's a simpler way of life, but not easier, adaptability is important. We will be island hoping all around Fiji for the next month and a half enjoying beaches, snorkeling, surfing and fishing. Bunks are available now. We hope to find people who are already in Fiji or arriving soon and also to line some people up for later because crew is always revolving. We have good references from past crew on another profile I can show you.
Old 24-06-2014, 15:15   #2

Re: Sailing around Fiji in July, to Vanuatu in August, then to Malaysia by November

I am very actively looking for a longer term 1-3, 6+ month boat to get on but the flights are quite steep... sounds like a great trip though!
Old 25-06-2014, 00:39   #3

Re: Sailing around Fiji in July, to Vanuatu in August, then to Malaysia by November

Hi there.

I think ypur trip sounds great. I have 3 months or so in between studies that I am looking to spent on sailing and new adventures around the world. BUT it isn't until mid-october or so. Are you still sailing at that time?
I am a 25 year old female biology student from Denmark. I don't have much exact sailing experience, but I am a quick study and more than willing to learn. I am taking a proficiency course certified by the Danish authorities during the summer, so I expect to have some general knowledge on boating and life at sea afterwards. I have lived my entire life by the sea and I don't get seasick.

If any of this sounds interesting and if you are still sailing in the fall you are welcome to check out my thread and profile, and sent me a message.

Ditte

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...re-124973.html
Old 04-07-2014, 20:34   #4

Yes we will be sailing in October. Send me an email in September or about a month before you're available and I'll know more about where we'll be Until then you can find me on Facebook with my email. Hope to hear from you!
Old 24-08-2014, 01:25   #5

Hi, i've just found your post about your cruising, i'm right now in new caledonia searching for a boat going north somewhere to asia, and so i was wondering where you are today? According to your plans, you should be around vanuatu, if that's the case, i could join you there and would be very pleased to continue to malaysia with you!
I'm a guy, 31, free of any obligation (means that i have all the time), i've been practicing sailing for 3 years, still want to learn more and especially to continue travelling this way...
I don't have facebook so can't see your mail, but if you see this post, you can answer me on mine augustin.lefebvre[at]gmail[dot]com (french name!)
Please let me know and take care.
gus
Old 06-09-2014, 20:48   #6

Hi we are two people, British, male 30 and female 31, able to crew for you. We're in Fiji now and ready to go at any time. We have about 2000 NM experience, having lived on a 39ft steel ketch for the past 3 months and sailed from New Zealand to Fiji and around the islands. Please get in touch by email if you are still looking for a crew. juliusbangert@gmail.com

Tags
Fiji, Malaysia, sail, sailing, Vanuatu