Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29   #1

Boat: Valiant 42
Cartagena to San Blas Islands

Greetings.

I am looking for one or two crew to sail from Cartagena to the San Blas Islands departing Cartagena end of November. About a month in the San Blas Islands, then on to the Canal. I am single, 62, retired, cruising to explore and would like crew to share in the fun and work. I pay all boat expenses and you contribute to food and drink. The boat is a clean, safe 44' cutter with the usual safety and communications equipment. References required and provided. No smokers. If interested, write to me at sailboat dot gillean at gmail dot com.

Douglas McLean
s/v Gillean
Old 01-10-2015, 22:26   #2

Boat: MARTIN 32
Re: Cartagena to San Blas Islands

Friday, October 2, 2015

Hola Douglas,

We are Eve and Mark Rossmiller, semi-retired living in David, Panama.

Resume: We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a 64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I am 56, have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW, Astoria, Columbia River for two years. My wife Eve, 54, is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know our way around a sailboat. We would cover our to-from airtravel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please let us know, when and where you will actually be in Cartegena. We have our own equip. and foulies; two duffles. Greg King is our reference, we crewed with him
part of his voyage as he completed his 8 year circumnavigation back to Santa Barbara this Summer.

We attached our photo of us at the Bocas Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing. My Cruiser forum member acct. is Rosebud1. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/members/rosebud1-158288.html

Thanks for your consideration,

Marco y Eva Rossmiller
Old 02-10-2015, 06:53   #3

Boat: Valiant 42
Re: Cartagena to San Blas Islands

Thank you Marco & Eva,
I'm presently in the States, returning to Cartagena 21 October, where Gillean is lying. Will contact you when I get back there.
Douglas

Tags
cartagena