Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2016, 16:31   #1

Boat: Mirage 35
Great Lakes - Extra Hand Available

I was going to post this, and then my summer started to fill up and I thought maybe I shouldn't - don't want to pretend to more availability than I really have. But I've been exchanging a few posts and PMs with people on the subject, and finally decided to put it out to the general community so you know where I'm coming from. I'll renew it next year, with more experience and probably a broader range of interests.

-------

Young retiree with some sailing experience and certifications, mainly looking for opportunities to sail with people more experienced than I am, ready for delivery trips, short cruises, canal transits, anything where you could just use another hand on the boat.

- some sailing experience (total maybe 10-15 weeks on the water, almost exclusively Great Lakes, including a couple of delivery trips Kingston - Parry Sound and vice versa);
- some certifications (Sail Canada Intermediate Cruising & Coastal Navigation, VHF with DSC, PCOC, EIEIO);
- smart, reliable, fast learner;
- non-smoker, non-drinker (while underway, otherwise all bets are off);
- decent cook;
- English / French bilingual;
- quiet, with a dry sense of humour; some people probably find me a pleasant companion.

Lake Ontario and Georgian Bay are easiest for me to get to, but if the trip and timing are right farther afield is very possible (I can drive to Thunder Bay or Halifax in two days if I have to). Will pay my share of reasonable expenses. For some trips my wife (less experienced but a competent crew member) might also be interested.

George

Tags
great lakes