Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 03:45   #1

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Cockpit Drains

Cockpit drains
Right now I'm trying to line up the steering pulleys. I got the pulleys adjacent to the quadrant chocked up and clamped. I think they are going to be fine.

I'm now working out where the pulleys will go on the bulkhead but everything is in the way. I knew that as components were getting "cluttered" I would have to move them so they are just tek screwed in place.

The white ducting is the bilge blower ducting (There is another for the engine room blower as well). The vertical hose is the fuel filler, there's the exhaust going out through the side of the hull, one cockpit drain going out the side of the hull, the smaller (black) tube is for the bilge pump and the clear vertical tube is for the fuel tank breather. I am reasonably happy with that. But it is the other X3 cockpit drains which go out through the transom that I have to do something with (You can see them to the LHS of the photo)

The experts say I shouldn't use right-angle elbows and the curves should be gentle but how do you do that and have a half decent/neat job? And how would you "locate" them in place?

I want to get the cockpit drains sorted out so I can position the steering pulleys. Any advice please?
coopec43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:12   #2

Boat: 21' trailer sailor & 8' sailing dinghy
Re: Cockpit Drains

I am only getting four broken link icons instead of pictures.

I replaced my cockpit drain hose with smooth automotive radiator hose as the previous hose was some sort of ribbed pool/hot tub hose that had cracked so that the cockpit drained into the boat. It only has one 90 degree turn in the run. I also have to check for leaves/debris in mine as the boat is on a trailer on land.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:31   #3

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Cockpit Drains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I am only getting four broken link icons instead of pictures.

I replaced my cockpit drain hose with smooth automotive radiator hose as the previous hose was some sort of ribbed pool/hot tub hose that had cracked so that the cockpit drained into the boat. It only has one 90 degree turn in the run. I also have to check for leaves/debris in mine as the boat is on a trailer on land.

Thanks Spot I'll try again.

Right now I'm trying to line up the steering pulleys. I got the pulleys adjacent to the quadrant chocked up and clamped. I think they are going to be fine.

I'm now working out where the pulleys will go on the bulkhead but everything is in the way. I knew that as components were getting "cluttered" I would have to move them so they are just tek screwed in place.

The white ducting is the bilge blower ducting (There is another for the engine room blower as well). The vertical hose is the fuel filler, there's the exhaust going out through the side of the hull, one cockpit drain going out the side of the hull, the smaller (black) tube is for the bilge pump and the clear vertical tube is for the fuel tank breather. I am reasonably happy with that. But it is the other X3 cockpit drains which go out through the transom that I have to do something with (You can see them to the LHS of the photo)

The experts say I shouldn't use right-angle elbows and the curves should be gentle but how do you do that and have a half decent/neat job? And how would you "locate" them in place?

I want to get the cockpit drains sorted out so I can position the steering pulleys. Any advice please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1739.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	201235   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1736.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	201236  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1737.jpg