Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2017, 04:21   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420 - Hull 52
Smile Experienced crew available for 3 weeks sometime November to February

Hi

I'm looking for up to three weeks on the water sometime between November and February, ideally somewhere warm, but I'll consider anything. I could conceivably crew on an Atlantic crossing, but it would need to be finely timed as I can't really afford to take much more than three weeks off work.

About Me
  • Happily married family man (six children now aged 16 to 22)
  • Born and bred in the UK, with current valid passport
  • Experience: 15,000 nm experience sailing with my family of eight on our Lagoon 420 catamaran, including two Atlantic crossings
  • Sailing Qualifications: none other than RYA VHF
  • Health: Relatively fit and healthy 57 year old male. No allergies or illnesses. Never sea sick (except once briefly in quite exceptional conditions on a small boat)
  • Competencies: competent and resourceful and practical at sailing, boat-handling, mechanics, electrics, navigation, cleaning, cooking, boatcare etc.
  • Vices: None to speak of, e.g. don't smoke or take drugs. Drink very little and never to excess
  • Personal hygiene: good, but not obsessive
  • Personality - Relatively quiet and slightly shy, but generally good humoured and interested in other people. Kindly, sensitive, tolerant and caring. Thoughtful and analytical
  • Food Preferences - Simple meals cooked well
  • Food Dislikes: fish, curry, raw tomatoes, celery, mushrooms
  • Attitude to Safety: Mindful of risks to others. Happy to take calculated risks, but like to understand the risks I'm taking, e.g. not bothered about liferaft, flares, EPIRB or fire-extinguishers being within service date, but would need to satisfy myself that a boat was fit to sail before embarking on an ocean crossing.
  • Happy to pay for flights to and from the boat
  • Willing to pay a small contribution towards food and other expenses
  • Happy to turn my hand to anything, even the dirty, dangerous and unpleasant jobs
  • Happy to stand more than my share of watches, even the killer night watch between 2am and 4am
  • Happy to do more than my share of chores, for the sake of a peaceful life
Happy to answer questions and provide more information including testimonials/references on request

Chris
Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38   #2

Re: Experienced crew available for 3 weeks sometime November to February

Panama to Florida. I need crew
If interested email me at derfliw19@rocketmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020219.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	159057