Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2017, 06:51   #1

Boat: Fairways, Fisher 34 wheelhouse ketch, 10.4m
Looking for a radar to work with navionics PC Plotter

Hi,
At the London Boatshow a couple of weeks back I splashed out and bought Navionics PC Plotter plus the chart packages for UK, Ireland and Holland, plus the whole of Europe. I have been running Euronav Seapro 3000 but the cost of chart upgrades and software upgrades is prohibitively expensive for a retired chap like me. In addition I scrapped an ancient Raytheon 1200 radar system a couple of years back, after it's range capability became zero and its round display turned a kinda triangular with curved edges. It was basically ballast so it had to go. Anyway, I am looking to buy a replacement PC for the Navionics kit and am interested if anyone out there has any good ideas about a radar that I could interface (easily?) with it? I have (believe it or not) an ICOM AIS transponder/receiver and a second AIS receiver in my Standard Horizon radio, so to add radar to it could be very useful. Any ideas most gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Steve
Wight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navionics, radar