Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 05:01   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas on a Sailing Catamaran.

I am the new owner of a well-equipped Lagoon 420 sailing catamaran. Right now, I'm docked in Fort Lauderdale for the next month while I provision for an extended trip to the Bahamas. Likewise, I may sail along down to the keys since I've never been there.

I'm seeking competent crew with whom we share a love of sailing, the oceans – a fun-loving bunch motivated to explore the gorgeous treasures of Bahamas and beyond. Along with making friends and sailing companions I hope to find crew who brings the following to the adventure: any mechanical experience with maintaining and troubleshooting electrical, water, waste and diesel systems would be a big plus. So, also would finding crew who cooks from scratch with healthy foods.

I'm open to couples as well as single people.

The boat is equipped with a scuba compressor and 4 tanks (all DIN standard), so divers would be great to have on board.

As a lifelong boater and sailor for the last 8 years most of my experience has been in the cold waters of Pacific Northwest. If you have local knowledge of Bahamas and South Florida waterways that could be really helpful too.

Personally, I have a poignant concern for our threatened environment, climate change and sea level change. I aim to operate as fuel free as possible. Like-minded crew rocks.

Send a PM please and share a little bit about yourself, your availability and interests.
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 17:17   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas on a Sailing Catamaran.

Sounds like a ton of fun !!! Wish we could get away
CharlesFCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 18:12   #3

Boat: Lagoon 420

Hey you guys, sorry you're not available. Best wishes your way, tune in when you can.

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 20:17   #4
tms

Boat: 40' Jeanneau Sun Odyssey

PM sent.
tms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 13:00   #5

Just completed my ASA navigation, advanced coastal cruising and cat courses in mid-November, out of FTL to Bahamas. I SCUBA, cook well from scratch, was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, and like you am a life-long boater. Let me know the dates of your trip. You can find me on Facebook and Linked-In. My up-to-date sailing resume is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chris Hooper Sailing Resume.pdf (37.5 KB, 115 views)
CaptainHoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:30   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Chris.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 04:19   #7

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

Is this opportunity still open? if so i would be intereted in some details. I own a cat on the Chesapeake. Thanks. Ken
Kenkaz1@verizon.net
Kazamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 19:15   #8
Marine Service Provider

Hey Captain,

I'm based in Hollywood and work es for Leopard cara for two years and more recently in Yacht brokerage. Love catamarans either motor or preferably sail cats. I'm originally from Barcelona Spain and came to Florida 4 years ago after traveling around the world. I love cooking Mediterranean style healthy food and share good long conversations with many stories about my trips and people I met. Please count on me if you want to try and meet someone disruptive. My phone 3058334540 and email jcgomez25@icloud.com

Available any time to sail off... all the best
jcvalor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 01:16   #9

Your post looks exciting and I am very interested. Here's a little about myself:

I have been land locked in the Northern California Bay Area for the last few years and am more than ready to hit the open ocean again. After college I worked on a farm and a brewery so I love getting my hands dirty and am not afraid of hard work. Until recently I worked as legislative analyst in the capitol in Sacramento. I am open to traveling to join the boat if the right situation presents itself.

I grew up in a sailing family, my amazing parents built their own boat in South Africa and sailed until they bumped in America and became pregnant with me. They eventually ended up in SF bay area so adventure and sailing is most assuredly in my blood. As a recently turned 30 year old, I am ready to put my skills and experience to use as crew. I am a very enthusiastic and capable sailor with over 20 years of experience. I have numerous ASA certifications including the Bareboat Qualification, so I'm legally allowed and more than capable to captain any sailboat under 99 ft. A few years ago I spent over a year cruising from California to Australia with many stops along the way. I acted as First Mate for the first half of the journey then took over as captain for the remainder. Having accomplished long passages on several trips - ranging from crossing the South Pacific, cruising all over Mexico, Central America, and the Pacific Northwest I am an adept, trained navigator with plenty of trip planning experience. I enjoy to cook and am a stellar Bbqer, if I may say so. I am also an avid fishermen with many other necessary boat expertise.

Please feel free to contact with my any questions. I am very keen to discuss or have a friendly conversation.

(916) 956-3606 or MattMalan86@gmail.com

Cheers!
MattMalan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 16:57   #10

Hi, Im in /Fort Lauderdale for the season. Where are you?
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, catamaran, fort lauderdale, sail, sailing