Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2016, 08:27   #1

Looking for a liveaboard/extended cruiser

Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for a boat between 32-36 ft that has been somewhat outfitted as a liveaboard or extended cruiser. I have been concentrating on Catalina Yachts but am open for any suggestions. I like the Catalina because of the wide beam and spacious interior. I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast (Orange Beach area). That is where the boat will be docked. My intentions are to sail and stay on the vessel during holidays and weekends with my family. I do plan on sailing the Keys and Bahamas. I'm interested in shallow draft vessels for this reason. Upon retirement, I will be selling the home and becoming liveaboards. My budget is 40,000 and under. There was recently one sold on here for 36,000 that I hate I missed! I would prefer to purchase something relatively close to my homeport but am willing to travel some and bring back via the ICW. I am new to sailing but am ready to jump in with both feet. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Rsmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 18:46   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Looking for a liveaboard/extended cruiser

My suggestion: go to SailboatListings.com and search the listings in the category for "Catalina" (look for the brand names at the top menu).

It is a site with For Sale By Owner listings.

Also, another FSBO site is "SailingTexas.com" and it is not limited to boats in Texas. While mostly smaller boats, there are also listings for cruisers and Catalinas.

Good luck,
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 20:11   #3

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

Good luck on your search.

32 to 37 feet used to be considered a great size for a cruising yacht when I lived in the Caribbean more than thirty years ago. Lots of older yachts make good cruising vessels.
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 05:52   #4
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2

I have a Gemini 3000 1988 30ft for sale at $30,000 fully upgrade same as a 105 in panama city beach, fl contact for more info 337 523 6123
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 05:53   #5
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2

My boat has a 11" draft
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 17:41   #6

Boat: 1975 morgan outisland 33'

I pm you

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
kennyarmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 20:58   #7

Boat: Morgan 41 Out Island "Sugar Bear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith3 View Post
Hello all,

I'm currently in the market for a boat between 32-36 ft that has been somewhat outfitted as a liveaboard or extended cruiser. I have been concentrating on Catalina Yachts but am open for any suggestions. I like the Catalina because of the wide beam and spacious interior. I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast (Orange Beach area). That is where the boat will be docked. My intentions are to sail and stay on the vessel during holidays and weekends with my family. I do plan on sailing the Keys and Bahamas. I'm interested in shallow draft vessels for this reason. Upon retirement, I will be selling the home and becoming liveaboards. My budget is 40,000 and under. There was recently one sold on here for 36,000 that I hate I missed! I would prefer to purchase something relatively close to my homeport but am willing to travel some and bring back via the ICW. I am new to sailing but am ready to jump in with both feet. Any suggestions are appreciated.
I have a 42 ft Morgan with lots of blue water experience for $40,000 in great shape and a excellent for live aboard. New sails, radar , Vhf and SSS propane stove and heaters, sleeps up to 10, new sails, fridge and freezer, large aft captains cabin with head and shower, forward state room with head, large galley, auto pilot and wind vane and much more. alengst@gmail.com

alibaba.e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 02:34   #8

Boat: Cheoy Lee, Offshore, 38

Check this out

Cheoy Lee Offshore 38 49 000€

Located in Martinique

https://www.facebook.com/CheoyLee38/
rakki77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 09:50   #9

Boat: Beneteau First 38

I have a nice 1985 Beneteau First 38 currently located in the Rio Dulce. I have had her for 13 years and have configured her to single hand from the cockpit.
I do have photos on this site of upgrades over the years.
I have relocated to the PNW and don't want to relocated her here
Have a look and let me know if your thoughts.

Cheers

Caribsailor
I'm fighting currents to get back to you, listening to the flow of your liquid language as you beckon me, "Come Play"
Mariners Cove, CI. Anonymous.
Caribsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:45   #10

Boat: EDELCAT33

I have a 1979 CAL39MKII in Miami Fl for $20K

Currently have an offer from a neighbor boater who lost his mas and it happens to be the same size as mine. He wants the mast and rigging, the diesel engine and transmission, and the deck hardware. I hate to sale this great boat for parts. The boat is almost cruise ready, requiring a bottom paint, change of stuffing box, and replace six bearings in the furler. Then you are good to go.
The expensive stuff is the haul out and bottom paint about $3k to $5K if the boat yard does it. The rest is cheap. The bearings are $500, and the packing and hose ifor the stuffing box is less than $100.

Look for the boat in miami craiglist

1979 CAL 39 MKII SAILBOAT FOR SALE

Let me know if you want to see it. I have a movie I made about a month ago is in youtube and i cans send you the link
carlosproa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41   #11

Boat: Hunter Legend 35.5

R u still looking for a boat?
jmo2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:13   #12

HI, My husband and I met sailing in Mexico, then wanted to do the Great Loop and East Coast so our monahull with a 6' draft was not suitable. We found the Catalac 10M - 34' a perfect boat. You can get tons of info on the catamaransite about Catalac boats which are heavy duty and Built in the UK. Our boat is named Felix - and she is for sale in Charleston, SC. There is also an 8 and 9 meter which are smaller and less expensive.
We have been living aboard and cruising for over 25 years, (the last 8 aboard Felix) only now cruising in Europe. Good luck with your search. Felix the Cat
Lynnfairwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:10   #13

Boat: Whitby 42 Ketch, 42ft

Hi, I have a Whitby 42 Ketch that I was living on and need to sell had it for sale at 90K but would take 55K. She is in great shape and worth the 90K. send me you email or call me. I live in Panama City Beach and the boat is in Houston. I would be happy to help you sail her to Orange beach.

Ken B.
kburkemper@yahoo.com
405-850-9242
kjbiceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, liveaboard