Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2016, 14:02   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380 Owners Version
Mackinaw Island, Great Lakes

One night we ended up taking a walk. Wayne wanted to walk to Arch Rock. I thought the idea was crazy because it was late and within about 3 minutes of walking the boys were complaining of being tired and LeeAnn and I had snapped at each other.

Despite the hardships, we continued on! I'm glad we did. Once we reached the top of an incredibly steep hill, the terrain leveled out and we entered the shade of the woods. It was a beautiful path, and no bugs!

When we got to the arch, we saw a boat anchored out with people swimming and we thought "well that looks fun, let's do it tomorrow!" And so we did:

Arch Rock

chad.lawie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 17:29   #2

Boat: Mirage 35
Re: Mackinaw Island, Great Lakes

Thanks for the pics, I've heard nice things about Mackinaw. We have a North Channel charter next week and had hoped to visit, but it turns out the boat doesn't have the papers to cross the border. Another time ...
Old 18-07-2016, 17:45   #3

Boat: Catalina 34MKII

Chad,

Love the pictures and it looks like you had a great time. A truly beautiful place that steps back in time.

However, I am a purist about the Island, the city, and the bridge so have a need to spell check you. The Island and the Bridge are Mackinac! The city, at the top of the lower peninsula, is Mackinaw City. The are all pronounced Mack i naw.
When living in Chicago I used to go nuts when the local news people would pronounce the Chicago to Mackinac Race as the Race to Mack i nac. I sent them an email as well. Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Old 18-07-2016, 17:59   #4

Get your fudge on! Try the Mustang Lounge for cheeseburgers. Yum.
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great lakes