Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2017, 21:35   #1

Boat: Island Packet 29
Malaysia > Thailand - Departs 7-7-17

Two semi-retired businessmen are seeking a third crew member or a young couple to join them on a two to three week leisurely voyage From Port Klang Malaysia, to Phuket Thailand. We will stop at 5-8 ports of call en route, the main port of call being being Langkawi. Note: if you can only do Langkawi to Phuket, or Port Klang to Langkawi, those are options as well.

If we find any places worth spending an extra day or two, we can do that

Candidate(s) should be of the clean-cut variety, male or female, (all nationalities/religions openly welcomed) & hopefully handy with a camera and/or flying a drone. We'd like help documenting the voyage as there are many beautiful sites along the way, just begging to be captured on film. Of course you would be expected to help out with sailing the boat as well.

All crew members are expected to cover their own expenses, and pull their own weight. However, If you'd like to sign on as a paid guest, you can loaf around all you want and the rest of will cater to your every need ;-)

The owner/captain is from the USA, and speaks English & Mandarin Chinese. The first mate is from Singapore and speaks English & Malay. Though our wives will not be joining us, we are both happily married, and would like to keep it that way. We both have children attending University in the States. Since we are family men with families that depend on us, and, since the penalty for carrying drugs in Malaysia is death, you will need to submit to a TSA-type inspection before coming on-board. I apologize if this seems excessive, but if you bring drugs on my boat, I (as captain) get sentenced to death, so please keep that in mind before judging me as a "hardass." Likewise, you are more than welcome to search the vessel top to bottom if you wish.

This should be a great experience for someone new to sailing or for an experienced sailor looking to put more miles under their belt. I've had quite a bit of cruising experience in the Bahamas and Philip, the first mate is familiar with sailing the waters around Phuket and Malaysia.

Please DM me if you have any questions.
The boat (a 32' Island Packet, in very good condition) can be seen at Sailing Crystal Blue.

And you can find out more about me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigyouse/
FYi- The boat and any passengers are fully insured by Loyds of London for the duration of the voyage.
Amani Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 20:27   #2

Re: Malaysia > Thailand - Departs 7-7-17

I would be intrested in talking with you . Dawn
dcphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 20:30   #3

Sure Dawn. Can you send a private message or would you like to give me your E-mail address?
Old 29-05-2017, 08:48   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to skalkot

I attempted to send a private message but apparently the system would not permit my post to you. Can you email me at skalkot@gmail.com. I may fit your profile for crew.

Thom
skalkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 14:37   #5

Hello
I m your guy, i have a similar bio. i have some experience and a really flexible schedule. Im always looking for an adventure, I'll make it fun and always keep it safe.
email me michaeldmesser at g mail
michaeldmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 22:43   #6

To those of you who have expressed an interest in joining us on this voyage, thank you for your interest. Our roster is now full. There will be three gentlemen, each with varying degrees of experience, that will be joining me on this trip. It's been a pleasure getting to know them via E-mail over the past few weeks, and we are all getting excited about the voyage together.

A.J.

Sailing Crystal Blue

Tags
Malaysia, parts, Thailand