Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 09:49   #1

Looking for ~30' Sailboat and Moorage in Seattle

Hello! Anyone looking to sell a boat in a liveaboard slip in the Seattle area? My partner Dave and I are in the market for a ~30' liveaboard capable sailboat and moorage in Seattle (Lake Union/Lake Washington). We'd be looking for an older boat, 1980s-90s era, but our primary concern is securing the liveaboard moorage. The boat should be in sound working order, and with a focus on living aboard over performance (e.g., the beamier the better). If anybody has a line on a liveaboard moorage in the area, please reach out to us! We are on several waiting lists at the moment, but understand that buying a boat in a current liveaboard slip is another option as well. Thank you!
amosjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 18:17   #2

Boat: Island Packet 35
Re: Looking for ~30' Sailboat and Moorage in Seattle

My brother, who lives on Fox Island, is thinking of selling his 32 Ericson and not sure if you might be interested.
mexsailorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 20:25   #3

Boat: Casacde 36

I have a 36 footer, in Tyee Marina, at Browns Point, Tacoma. It's about 10 minutes drive west of Federal Way. The boat is a Cascade 36, which is rather narrower (10' beam) but we live on it for about 4 to 6 months each year, cruising the inside passage and west Vancouver is. We have set it up as a capable NW cruiser, with a diesel cabin heater, wind vane, offshore sails, hard dodger and quite a few other enhancements for extended cruising. We've also recently sailed it out to Hawaii and back, so it's good and seaworthy. The marina we're in has live-aboard slips. We are thinking of getting a bigger boat to accommodate visiting family members. If not for that, we'd probably keep sailing it. If you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange to let you look it over.
01kiwijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:18   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, amosjane.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 19:42   #5

Boat: kellyPeterson44

My partner and I own a 30' slip on south end of Lake Washington at parkshore marina. If you own the slip they allow live abord. Thier are a couple slips for sale some up to 50'. We would consider selling ours for 38k. Clubhouse with laundry/showers/storage units.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Soundsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 21:11   #6

Thanks all for the responses, and thanks for the kind welcome, GordMay! Happy to be here. We happened to come across a couple opportunities in the past week and we're chasing down some leads. Might luck out! Thanks again for the suggestions and will reach back out if the leads fall through.
amosjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, sail, sailboat, seattle