Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2014, 16:31   #1

Boat: IP 40
Texas Boat Broker Recommendation

Howdy folks,

I'm not exactly sure where the best place to post this is, but am hoping I've successfully added it to the Texas Cruisers group. If not, apologies in advance.

Anyway, My wife and I are starting the process of looking for our second boat, which we're affectionately referring to as MiddleBoat. We boat a Catalina 22 last year to start learning on and have decided it's time to find something a little bigger (say mid-30'-ish) to keep down on the gulf and start getting some sea time, along with a little coastal cruising, to build our experience level and ensure cruising works for us, before jumping into a larger boat...hence MiddleBoat.

I've been scouring yachtworld, craigslist, ebay for options but we've yet to actually go see anything in person. MiddleBoat needs to be comfy enough to spend a weekend on since it will be located several hours from our home. We really want to keep the price under $30k (preferably well under to give us some room for upgrades/updates) and we really want something we can feel safe in for a couple days out in the gulf. Which brings me to my real question, do any good boat brokers operate in the sub-30k boat range? I'm noticing that yachtworld is somewhat slim pickens in this range for the TX/LA/AL gulf coast area, and honestly we could probably use some help narrowing the scope of our search. Just wondering if anyone out there has a good TX area boat broker they can recommend?

Thanks,
EB
ErBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 19:12   #2

Boat: Slocum 43
Re: Texas Boat Broker Recommendation

Glen Adams at JM yacht brokers. Only him at JM.

Otherwise Little yacht sales.

Since you sailed a Catalina 22 I'd suggest you look at a Catalina 30-34. You should easily find one in your price range as a middle boat.

Good luck.
Pirate999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat broker, men, texas