Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2019, 18:46   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Volunteer crew wanted, Tahiti to Fiji , Deerfoot 62’ Sloop starting around June 17th

At the moment we are taking a brief stop in the Marquesas after sailing 2800 miles from La Paz in 21 days. We will be stopping in Tahiti to exchange 1 or 2 crew, provision and then hopefully spend a few days checking out the Society Islands between Tahiti and Bora Bora before sailing 1800 miles nonstop to Fiji.

(The Passage)
This delivery will be departing from Tahiti, on or around June 18th. This passage is approximately 2000 miles and may include a few very brief stops (1-2 days) in a few of the Society Islands (Moorea, Bora Bora, etc),. The complete passage should take roughly between 3 to 4 weeks depending on weather. While this is a delivery on a performance cruiser we sail quite conservatively making safety and comfort a priority over speed.

(The Boat) Is a beautiful 62 foot Deerfoot that has been professionally maintained. She is comfortable, fast, and very well equipped for offshore sailing. She sports a new Yanmar plus two watermakers, generator, life raft, all of the safety gear, plus much more. She is also for sale and details can be found at the link below.
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...2-62--2899569/

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction including a 3000nm offshore delivery of this same Deerfoot to La Paz last year and we are underway to Tahiti from Mexico right now, so I am familiar with the boat. The First Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator. Collectively the Captain and the Mate have completed 8 trans-Pacific crossings. You can find my CV, references, and blog here; SAILBOAT DELIVERIES -

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am looking for volunteer crew. There will likely be three or four of us in total. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, customs, immigration fees and provisioning will be provided. You would be responsible for all of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc). Airfare to or from the vessel may be considerable and are negotiable for those with offshore experience, if you require airfare please let me know up front when you email. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol and drug free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch , sometimes alone at night, helping with navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals or couples looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building on a very comfortable boat with a well-qualified captain and mate. WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU WILL BE TAUGHT.

(The Requirements for the crew) Feel free to leave a short reply to the post here however please be sure to send an Email as well including your phone number and as much info as possible. Tell me why you want to take this trip, your age, occupation, nationality, and about your sailing experience or copy a sailing CV as text. Let me know if you require travel expenses or not and please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people who know they do not get seasick. You should be available to arrive in Tahiti around June 16-20 and remain available for as many as 4 weeks to complete the passage. Sorry to be difficult, however, we may be underway when you write so please send emails and CC all three addresses; sailboatdelivery at Hotmail dot com, kirklittle at satxgate dot com, and Bucephalus @ myiridium dot net.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 16:05   #2

Re: Volunteer crew wanted, Tahiti to Fiji , Deerfoot 62’ Sloop starting around June

We will be getting underway tomorrow morning so to ensure you reach me please send emails to both kirklittle@satxgate.com and bucephalus@myiridium.net . I should also mention that airfare may be available for right person. Thanks. -Kirk
Old 09-06-2019, 17:32   #3

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Volunteer crew wanted, Tahiti to Fiji , Deerfoot 62’ Sloop starting around June

I'm astonished that there has not been enthusiastic response to this request. Sounds like about the best possible set of circumstances for someone to have an enjoyable passage on a good and interesting boat with a good skipper.

If I were looking for a ride, I'd be all over this one!

Jim
Old 10-06-2019, 16:54   #4

Kirk,

I sent you two emails. Let me know here if you didn't get them.

Mike
mkaplan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 08:59   #5

Greetings Capt. Kirk,
I'm interested and available.
I've sent PM as well as emails to all addresses.
Hope to hear from you.
Albert
4everbeachboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 13:50   #6

Mike, I sent you two emails as well, I was afraid you might not have got them however we have been offshore till now with nothing but sat-phone email so I just got this message now. We ended up finding crew already here in Tahiti saving the issues of flights, bonds, etc. Sorry we couldn't communicate via our sat-email, maybe in your junk mail box? I'll let you know if anything changes. -Kirk
Old 27-06-2019, 15:38   #7

Hi Kirk,

I sent you an email to your above referenced addresses with further details as requested.

Thank You,

Monica and Curt
Spearo CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 03:30   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Monica & Curt.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, Fiji, sloop, tahiti, wanted