Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2016, 23:00   #1

2002 Beneteau 41.1

I'm considering buying a 2002 Beneteau 41.1. The boat seems to be in very good condition and is being offered at a fair price. Can anyone with any personal experience coment on the overall quality of these boats. I plan to use the boat as a live aboard and do some coastal cruising. I would like to have the option of some water sailing">blue water sailing some day. Any advivice would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks
benny the jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:26   #2

Re: 2002 Beneteau 41.1

Hi Benny
I'm looking at one of these at the moment too. Looked like it would sort our families needs perfectly - I looked around it with a broker who also used to be a surveyor. Heard about how well it had been looked after by friends of his that had owned it until Feb2016 when he sold it to someone else.
The new owners are selling it now, 10 months later and leaning on the "good survey" they had from when they bought it
My survey came back like a small horror story. Engine, electrics, equipment, rigging, leaks - all littered with failures and different needs to be replaced/fixed
They've basically neglected it for a year and now want to sell it for way more than they bought it for

I think that a bunch of these boats are at the "needs new rigging" "needs new sails" "needs engine TLC" stage, so my advice would be to get ages on the important core features to the boat

If any of that work has been done lately, then you're onto a better pedigree than the one I'm looking at

I love the model and format of them - and they were "boat of the year" in 2002 / 2003

My one went from Turnkey to Project in the space of a day though (not the first time that's happened post survey) but unexpected and unwelcomed with my current timings and $s invested

Keep in touch if you'd like - would love to hear how your potential purchase pans out
WoodFamSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau