Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2018, 05:18   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up 43' sloop needs crew from Fort Lauderdale to Annaopolis Next week / May 20th

Volunteer crew wanted for passage from Fort Lauderdale FL heading to Annapolis around May 20 on a 43' Sloop with experienced Captain and Mate (Sorry for re-posting this), we changed our schedule and have been sailing since the last post) I will try to get back to everyone ASAP as we will be in port later today.

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from Fort Lauderdale FL on or as soon as possible after May 20th. Our intention is to sail offshore as far and long as we have favorable weather. Right now the forecast looks good for riding the Gulf Stream all or most of the way. While it may be possible to make the entire passage non-stop within 7-8 days it is just as likely we will divert into the Inter Coastal Waterway for at least some parts of the journey north If not only for weather but also for fuel or water as needed. I am estimating the entire delivery to take 1 to 2 weeks so crew would need to be somewhat flexible with their schedule.

(The Boat) A Well equipped 2004 Jeaneau 43DS. This sloop has a 75HP yanmar and 6-man life-raft and Epirb in addition to AIS, Autopilot, Generator, etc…

(The Captain) USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master and has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop in 2013. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction including two prior deliveries on this same boat, recent CV and blogsite available here; http://www.sailingsalsa.com/sailboat-deliveries-2. The First mate Cathy Schuneman is also a very experienced sailor (circumnavigator) . She also cooks OK ;-)

(The Arrangement) This boat is being relocated for it’s owner. Transportation to and from the vessel are negotiable based on experience however on-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, provisioning will be covered by the owner. This is NOT a shared-expense trip nor a paid position. Volunteer crew help with all aspects of the passage including watch-keeping underway and sometimes at night, navigating, checking weather, sail-handling, cooking cleaning, repairs etc. What you don’t know you will be taught. This is an opportunity for people to gain miles and experience probably both offshore and inland under power and sail with the safety of an experienced captain on a surveyed vessel.

(The Requirements for the crew) I will give some preference to those who can assure me you do not get (very) sea-sick / motion sickness. When contacting me please post a short message here and also PM or email me (sailinginquiry at outlook dot com) and INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFO; email and phone number. I will be considering all people who respond however you should know some sailing basics. Any other experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,) should be mentioned.
Attached Images

kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 13:22   #2

Re: 43' sloop needs crew from Fort Lauderdale to Annaopolis Next week / May 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkalittle View Post
Volunteer crew wanted for passage from Fort Lauderdale FL heading to Annapolis around May 20 on a 43' Sloop with experienced Captain and Mate (Sorry for re-posting this), we changed our schedule and have been sailing since the last post) I will try to get back to everyone ASAP as we will be in port later today.

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from Fort Lauderdale FL on or as soon as possible after May 20th. Our intention is to sail offshore as far and long as we have favorable weather. Right now the forecast looks good for riding the Gulf Stream all or most of the way. While it may be possible to make the entire passage non-stop within 7-8 days it is just as likely we will divert into the Inter Coastal Waterway for at least some parts of the journey north If not only for weather but also for fuel or water as needed. I am estimating the entire delivery to take 1 to 2 weeks so crew would need to be somewhat flexible with their schedule.

(The Boat) A Well equipped 2004 Jeaneau 43DS. This sloop has a 75HP yanmar and 6-man life-raft and Epirb in addition to AIS, Autopilot, Generator, etc…

(The Captain) USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master and has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop in 2013. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction including two prior deliveries on this same boat, recent CV and blogsite available here; http://www.sailingsalsa.com/sailboat-deliveries-2. The First mate Cathy Schuneman is also a very experienced sailor (circumnavigator) . She also cooks OK ;-)

(The Arrangement) This boat is being relocated for it’s owner. Transportation to and from the vessel are negotiable based on experience however on-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, provisioning will be covered by the owner. This is NOT a shared-expense trip nor a paid position. Volunteer crew help with all aspects of the passage including watch-keeping underway and sometimes at night, navigating, checking weather, sail-handling, cooking cleaning, repairs etc. What you don’t know you will be taught. This is an opportunity for people to gain miles and experience probably both offshore and inland under power and sail with the safety of an experienced captain on a surveyed vessel.

(The Requirements for the crew) I will give some preference to those who can assure me you do not get (very) sea-sick / motion sickness. When contacting me please post a short message here and also PM or email me (sailinginquiry at outlook dot com) and INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFO; email and phone number. I will be considering all people who respond however you should know some sailing basics. Any other experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,) should be mentioned.

PM being drafted. Thanks. GP
CaptCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 03:18   #3

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Re: 43' sloop needs crew from Fort Lauderdale to Annaopolis Next week / May 20th

CREW POSITION FILLED Thanks everyone.
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, fort lauderdale, sloop