Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2018, 19:13   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Volunteer crew wanted for 53’ Amel - Panama Canal to Australia - Early Sept/ASAP

Volunteer crew wanted for transpacific delivery passage from Colon,Panama through the Canal heading to Brisbane, Australia in early September on a 53' Amel with an experienced Captain and Mate.

(The Passage) This delivery will be departing from Colon, Panama during the first week of September or as soon as possible thereafter. Our intention is to transit the Panama Canal and provision for the crossing on the Pacific side of Panama. We do try to have fun underway however as this is a delivery more than a pleasure cruise, the intention will be to stop as little as possible, only as required for such things as fuel, repairs and weather. I am estimating the entire delivery to take 2 to 3months so crew would need to be somewhat flexible with their schedule. We may likely be at sea for more than ONE MONTH between only brief stops! It is important you understand that this is not a good opportunity to see the South Pacific Islands, but rather to gain offshore experience, sail training, and miles under ideal conditions at little or no expense.

(The Boat) A well equipped 532000 Amel Super Maramu. This ketch is a very comfortable and proven blue water cruiser as it has already completed one circumnavigation. She is well equipped for offshore cruising. The boat has a water maker, generator, ample solar and wind power, sails that are in good condition, redundant autopilots and navigation systems. Safety equipment includes a 2017 Viking life raft, EPIRB and sufficient MOB equipment.

(The Captain) USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master and has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed about 50,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. The First Mate is also an experienced sailor and circumnavigator. Collectively the Captain and the Mate have completed 4 trans-Pacific crossings. You can find my CV, references and blog here; http://www.sailingsalsa.com/sailboat-deliveries-2.

(The Arrangement) This boat is being relocated for its new owner. Transportation to and from the vessel are negotiable based on experience however on-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, provisioning will be covered by the owner. This is NOT a shared-expense trip nor a paid position. Volunteer crew help with all aspects of the passage including watch-keeping underway and at night, navigating, checking weather, sail-handling, cookingcleaning, repairs etc. What you don’t know you will be taught. This is an opportunity for people to gain miles and experience offshore with the safety of an experienced captain with extensive teaching experience on a surveyed vessel.

(The Requirements for the crew) When contacting me please post a very short message here and also PM or email me (sailboatdelivery at hotmail dot com) INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFO; email and phone number. Tell me about yourself, your sailing experience, and why you want to make this passage. I will be considering all people who respond however you should know some sailing basics. Preference will be given to people with some offshore experience. Any other experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,) should be mentioned.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AMEL.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	176510  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 14:23   #2

Re: We Circumnavigated on A Super Maramu

Hey! Just read your ad for crew to Brisbane. My husband and I circumnavigate on a Super Maramu from Dec 1997 - Oct 2005. We sold her for slightly less than we bought her brand new from the factory in La Rochelle. Your delivery dates don't work for us, but keep us in mind for future, slower passages. We both possess 100 ton CG 100 ton licenses w 50 ton endorsements. Glen is an engineer and can fix anything under almost any circumstances and I am pretty good at almost everything else.

The Super Maramu is a delight and that downwind papillon rig will move you smartly across the Pacific. If you get delayed and shift till December let us know. I am just at the stage of publishing my book and can't get away for a few months right now. Surprised the new owners could not find one for sale closer, but they are very popular boats for good reason.

Also, please pass our contact information to the new owners in case they want help to and from the islands from OZ. We based out of NZ for 4 years and OZ 1 year and know that area is not to be trifled with.

All the best, Glen and Julie Bradley formerly S/V C'est Assez, 1998 Super Maramu
redjuliebradley@gmail.com

(928) 368-6781
Cestassez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 08:18   #3

Re: Volunteer crew wanted for 53’ Amel - Panama Canal to Australia - Early Sept/ASAP

Hello, saw your ad and may be available. I am an artist and writer living in Bozeman, Montana. I'm an experienced cook, (co-founder of three restaurants) but otherwise no sailing experience. I'm handy (I've never called a repairman for anything to include plumbing and electric, have built several buildings and had a home inspection business.) I am an autodidact and in fact designed a self-study university - I'm a fast learner and hope to learn not only sailing but all of the sailing vessel systems from you. Please email me if a position is still open.

Much more to my cv, but if you're interested I can convey that in future conversations. Travel to Panama and back to Montana from Brisbane will need to be negotiated. I look forward to hearing from you.

willpope11@gmail.com 406.599.4107
willpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 23:25   #4

Re: Volunteer crew wanted for 53’ Amel - Panama Canal to Australia - Early Sept/ASAP

Hello,
I am Paolo from Italy.
I am very interested to join your crew from Panama to Brisbane.
Could I know if you found your crew for this ride ?
I am currently in Miami.
Where are you sailing ?
Thanks
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 07:54   #5

Hello Kirk:
Willing and (partially) available for your Amel transpac. Can stand watch, cook, can handle a wrench. Sailed and owned, mostly on CA coast.
PM me if possible, would like to discuss this with you.
Thanks
Gene
generein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 10:14   #6

can i go?
Navon Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, Australia, canal, crew, crew wanted, Panama, Panama Canal, wanted