Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 10:33   #16

Re: Morgan 323 vs Hunter Cherubini 37

Fortunately the aluminum holding tank has been replaced a few years ago. This boat does have the plastic ports. I've seen estimates for $3k or so for the metal plus a lot of work.

I do like the Morgan 323, but I believe that boat also has plastic ports!

And you're right about the tanks: they also seem to be mostly or entirely below the waterline. Different ballgame where on my boat not much at all is anywhere near the waterline!

Another huge selling point for me with the Hunter is the bilge. Incredibly deep for storing heavy equipment/food(when properly contained)/extra batteries .... which the Morgan doesn't have. I feel this is a great place to put the heavy **** without impacting performance. Something I've had a rough time with on my small boat.

The 382 does seem like a gorgeous boat. Unfortunately I am quite a few hours south near NYC, and that would be quite the adventure to buy!

There are actually 2 other Hunter C37s in the area for sale. I was surprised. I'm going to check out one in south NJ Sunday morning. Listed for over $10k cheaper... if it is in decent shape it very well might be the deciding factor.

I will continue my search in the meantime. Thanks for all the great replies, it has been a great way for me to hash out my thoughts.
odonnellryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:13   #17

Boat: Gaff rigged Ketch[Spray]37' on deck

Having done alot of work on a C 37 for a owner, i can pass on item's i repaired or replaced. Plastic port holes leaked, replaced with S.S. [with port holes removed, viewed alot of hollow areas in cabin sides between outer and inner shell, filled with chopped glass and resin, fuel tank[aluminum] tank leaking, removed, had welded, holding tank leaking, removed thru the V berth, so not to damage the shell in head, had new one fabricated in F.G., ice box has next to no insulation, insulate with Vacuum panels and foam, installed 12 volt refrigeration , fridge access from galley and freezer access from cockpit, these were the major items done.
Dougtiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:02   #18

I was a Yacht Broker before I retired. I don't recall a Morgan 323 but I am familiar with the Pearson 323 which is a nice sailing boat and well made. If it is a Pearson 323 it is a good boat, I owned one and loved it.
rweike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter, hunter cherubini, morgan