Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2017, 23:08   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 57
BVI Photo slideshow

I'm sitting here in Europe waiting to get back to the BVI in the aftermath of hurricane Irma and see about getting "Zanshin" back into sailing trim and decided to put together a slideshow of some pictures taken around the BVI in past seasons, and hopefully the islands will soon shake off the ravages of mother nature.

Youtube - BVI Slideshow
Old 27-12-2017, 11:14   #2

Boat: Oyster 66
Re: BVI Photo slideshow

I hope the BVI will get back into the good condition as seen in your pictures and I hope Zanshin is not too badly damaged. Have you had some kind of survey done?
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 23:44   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 57

I haven't had a survey done as there's no insurance company requiring one from me. As of this moment, "Zanshin" is still lying on her side waiting for the crane to right her. Once that is done I've got crews lined up to start repairs but that can't begin until the boat is resting on her keel. I've had 3 bills/estimates from the yard to date (all of which I immediately approved) but so far they haven't actually done anything - except charge me monthly for storage, at least that department seems to be working well.
Old 28-12-2017, 03:10   #4

Boat: Oyster 66

It must be a stressful, worrying time for you. The devastation there is extreme. My fingers are crossed that you are lucky and the damage is not too bad.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 03:36   #5

Boat: Jeanneau SO40

So sorry to hear about your boat. Yours was one of the first blogs I discovered when I decided to make a plan that would afford me the liveaboard lifestyle and I read pretty much every single entry. I remember being awed that someone was singlehanding a 57' yacht!

My dream is coming true and I'll be searching for the perfect boat this coming summer / fall. Thanks for the inspiration, and I wish you all the best in getting Zanshin back to her best.

Regards,
Don
Canuck_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 08:16   #6

Boat: Jeanneau SO 43 DS

Thanks for the fine quality slideshow Zanshin. It was a pleasure to watch.

I'm sorry to hear Zanshin took damage in Irma. Hopefully you can get her set to rights and be back aboard soon.
Prairie Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:03   #7
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Happy New Year Zanshin / Arnd,
Sorry to hear that your boat is damaged and your not on her enjoying the Caribbean. I wanted to pass on that as I'm typing this the view of Gustavia is pretty much the same as when we met 7 years ago. We arrived two days ago and leave in a few hours for the USVI then up to T&C. I looked on Marinetraffic and saw you were in the BVI's and hoped we would meet up there.

As an FYI for those wondering about the hurricane damage, at least here it isn't very bad. About 4 boats are sitting at anchor without masts and there are patches of deforested scrub brush, but the village itself is pretty normal. It's very quiet here, we were able to get into almost any restaurant for dinner last night and the party on the quay was small. But it's nice.
Old 28-01-2018, 06:09   #8

Boat: Hobie Cat

Terrific Montage.......our regrets on the yacht.
twalsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BVI, photo