Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 17:24   #1

Boat: 1989 O'Day 322
Volunteer Crew - Bahamas to Puerto Rico

Hello from The Exumas

I'm on a year-long sabbatical sailing, writing, and doing Microplastics research through ASC and am currently near Stocking Island in the Exumas.

I started in Florida seven weeks ago and will soon sail to Turks and Caicos, crossing and heading toward the Leeward Islands and I thought it might be nice to have a second pair of hands on deck. The length of time you sail is up to you and while I don't have a specific schedule, I'll be near the Turks in the next three weeks or so.

I'm sailing a 1989 O'Day 322 and you would have your own berth with a closing door. She's not luxurious but she's solid and I'm having a lot of fun.

You'd simply be responsible for splitting costs of food, ice, drinks, and water and naturally your transportation to where we meet and wherever you decide to leave from.

No smoking on board please.

If you're interested mail me here or MrReedatsea@gmail.com.

Terry Reed
s/v seaReed
Old 11-08-2016, 06:51   #2

Re: Volunteer Crew - Bahamas to Puerto Rico

When are you thinking of departing? I am located in Puerto Rico, looking to possibly expand my sailing knowledge which is limited. I have plenty of power experience, but limited on sail. Let me know what dates you are considering and we can talk more!! Also it doesnt work out for me to make the trip let me know if you need anything from PR! I live on the north coast but keep my center console in Fajardo where a lot of marinas etc are located!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:32   #3

Boat: 1989 O'Day 322
Re: Volunteer Crew - Bahamas to Puerto Rico

I don't have a set schedule, which is pretty nice but I'm thinking in the next month or so I'll leave the Bahamas and sail south.

Thoughts??

Tags
Bahamas, crew, Puerto Rico