Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2014, 15:09   #1

Boat: IP 40
Delivery skipper - Cheasapeake to Texas

Howdy Folks,

My wife and I are narrowing in on a boat (40ft full keeled mono) and before making our offer would like to get a feel for the price to get her back to her new home in Kemah TX. Assumption here is she's seaworthy and ready to go. If not we'd ensure she was prior to departure. Our goal is to be there for as much of the delivery as we can make work from a time perspective.

My wife and I have complete ASA training up through 104 but have very little ocean experience and would like the benefit of an experienced skipper getting her back. At this point the timing is a bit up in the air but for the sake of argument lets say around Thanksgiving.

If you're qualified and interested please PM me with contact information, references, your rates and any other pertinent info and we'll go from there.

Thanks in advance,
EB
Old 22-08-2014, 04:27   #2

Re: Delivery skipper - Cheasapeake to Texas

I'm interested in joining you.
OceanDrive.ca
$100/day, incl. transportation to and from Montreal.
Please reply, or call me at:
+1 514 497 1611
Ness
Old 27-08-2014, 13:56   #3

Dear Sir:
I am a very experienced professional captain with over 35 years of sailing experience From Newfoundland to Trinidad on the Atlantic and the entire east coast and the caribbean. I have also had experience with the pacific northwest.
I have run sailing vessels up to 92' and personally own a classic 40 Yawl I keep here in Maine.

I would be interested in talking with you about your up coming delivery.
You can reach me at yawlsail@gmail.com or by phone at 772-349-3818.

Thanks
Captain Greg...
Old 28-08-2014, 04:49   #4

Boat: Many
Delivery skipper - Cheasapeake to Texas

Cost is typically $2 per sea mile plus expenses.

Www.ConnecticutCaptain.com

It would be helpful to know the exact starting location and the destination.

I can also offer crew at no cost except for food during the trip. Some crew might want travel costs also.

Typically a crew if four would be used on a trip like this. Five would make it easier.

If the batteries are at all questionable , I recommend replacing them. An auto-pilot is not essential but it is necessary on smaller crews. A life raft and safety gear is essential.

I'd need to see a complete list of all boat equipment and details like engine maintenance records. If the boat has sat for a while, the fuel should be polished and filters changed.

You really need to treat this like an airplane when it comes to maintenance. I'd need a full day to go over everything in the boat and I would want to do a rig inspection. There would be a fee for that also.

I plan trips in detail, including reviewing your survey, and that alone takes several days.
Old 30-08-2014, 10:41   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 31

Hi Folks,

We do many deliveries, and own a charter sail company. For two masters/circumnavigators we charge $400 per day plus expenses. Am ASA instructor. Don't settle for lesser captains for price. We have top notch references. Captmarlena@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBrown View Post
Howdy Folks,

My wife and I are narrowing in on a boat (40ft full keeled mono) and before making our offer would like to get a feel for the price to get her back to her new home in Kemah TX. Assumption here is she's seaworthy and ready to go. If not we'd ensure she was prior to departure. Our goal is to be there for as much of the delivery as we can make work from a time perspective.

My wife and I have complete ASA training up through 104 but have very little ocean experience and would like the benefit of an experienced skipper getting her back. At this point the timing is a bit up in the air but for the sake of argument lets say around Thanksgiving.

If you're qualified and interested please PM me with contact information, references, your rates and any other pertinent info and we'll go from there.

Thanks in advance,
EB
Old 31-08-2014, 06:26   #6

Hello,

I am a TX resident, living in Dallas. I have extensive experience on sailboats and motorboats (inboard and outboard). I recently retired from 15 years as a project manager and I am a serious but easy going person.

I am looking for an adventure this winter. My rate is $2500 plus travel & food expenses per month.

I have been a surf guide in Panama for more than 10 years, I am healthy and a non smoker.

More information and references upon request.

Thank you,

Jeff Bryson

Tags
asa, delivery, skipper, texas