Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 10:12   #1

Boat: Bavaria 36
Crew wanted for ARC Europe commencing 7th May 2016

Need crew for Elan 444 Impression taking part in ARC Europe 2016. Leaving Tortola 7th May sailing to Bermuda and then onto Azores for tour of islands and finishing in Lagos Portugal mid June

Anyone interested?

Cliff
Old 05-04-2016, 12:37   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Crew wanted for ARC Europe commencing 7th May 2016

I might be if you can depart a bit earlier than May 7. I have a twekve day window starting May 1. Any chance of that? I have more than 5000 miles of offshore experience half of that in 2013. Owned a dozen boats, > 40 yrs of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 05-04-2016, 15:05   #3

Hello !
My name is Zbig. I am experienced sailor. Over the years, I have obtained to required licences and certificates wich entitle me to cruise on sailing and motor yachts on my own. I have Certificate of Competence RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore with commercial endorrseement. Professionalism, efficiency and high stress resistance are my strengths. I am a cooperative person who easily socializes with other people. I am interested in moving your vessel for you as a delivery crew. Would be great to be updated on your plan.
Please, could you tell me more about yacht (how it is equipped with) .
What you are looking for, what is your expectations to my person.
What would the compensation be for this work ?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. Please feel free to contact me if you would like some more info.
I'm also happy to chat over the phone or Skype
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I am available ASAP.
My email : skipper(dot)zbig(at)gmail(dot)
CV 2016. 1.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zbig- pictures official 3.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	122053

Name:	<a title=References sy Ice Maiden.jpg Views: 180 Size: 385.9 KB ID: 122054" style="margin: 2px" />

Name:	<a title=References sy Hooyu Mooyu.jpg Views: 181 Size: 166.0 KB ID: 122055" style="margin: 2px" />

References sy Akilina.pdf

References STS Fryderyk Chopin.pdfcom

Best regards
Zbig
Old 14-04-2016, 04:08   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to jpsantiagosilva

Hi,

My name is Jose Silva. Im a Portuguese Architect also a Ski instructor. I was working in NYC from 2012 to 2015, but then I decided to discover South America. Now I'm currently living in Rio de Janeiro. I want to cross the Atlantic by sailing boat, and I hope I can join your crew this year.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards.

Jose Silva

S : jpsantiagosilva
E : jpsantiagosilva@gmail.com
Old 22-04-2016, 00:45   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffC View Post
Need crew for Elan 444 Impression taking part in ARC Europe 2016. Leaving Tortola 7th May sailing to Bermuda and then onto Azores for tour of islands and finishing in Lagos Portugal mid June

Anyone interested?

Cliff
Hi there, what level of experience are you looking for and what would the costs involved be?
Cheers,
Dave
Old 22-04-2016, 08:29   #6

Boat: Catalina 470

Cliff,
Pardon my thread drift for just a moment (I'm not looking to crew!), but just thought I'd pass on a couple important pieces of info for you, your boat/crew, and everyone reading this.

1) Please have a look at these two threads, where you'll find a wealth of info on both:
-- passage planning / Atlantic weather info / forecasts / etc...
-- vessel and crew prep / the important things that will get you all there in one piece / etc...

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-122743-5.html

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1819684

2) Except for mechanical or medical reasons, there is no reason to divert to Bermuda on an Eastbound Atlantic passage from the Caribbean to Europe (or Azores), especially if leaving from the eastern Caribbean.

You will of course sail a course with the winds / weather that you have, and except for a weird weather pattern that may develop, there is no meteorological reason to head to Bermuda (from the eastern Caribbean) if heading to Europe.
And, in actuality, this generally places you in a less favorable wind / weather environment, again especially when leaving from the eastern Caribbean!

3) While leaving from the Caribbean in early May is doable, when heading for Europe, this is typically a bit early.....but even then, this is usually only done when sailing a more southern route.
And NOT when heading more northerly (especially when west of 50*W - 55*W)....as doing so will place you in direct path of Continental Lows (cold-core Lows) and their fronts, as they come off the coast of N. America....and while these Lows do move quickly, then also can pack a significant wallop!!

Despite the rally organizers' desire to promote their passage plan as "getting you to Europe in time to enjoy the whole summer sailing season", the fact is that this is typically WAY TOO EARLY to cross the Atlantic eastbound, especially if you're heading thru Bermuda (or even worse, leaving from the Chesapeake!)!
(of course it can be done, and it can be done safely....but it isn't the way to "plan" to do it safely and for fun....delivery skippers do it, racers do it, commercial ships do it, etc....but a cruising boat on a fun trip??? No, it is way too early...)

PLEASE read the details in the above referenced threads!

Fair winds to all.

John
Old 22-04-2016, 11:03   #7

Boat: Catalina 470

And, here's another thread...
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...es-164774.html

Fair winds...

John

Tags
arc, crew, crew wanted, enc, Europe, men, rope, wanted