Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2015, 16:22   #1

Couple With 2 Children Looking For Single FEMALE to Crew Tampa to Brazil

Hello sailors.

My name is Jonathan, my wife and I along with our twin boys will be sailing south from Tampa with a PROJECTED destination of Brazil with a layover in Cuba and the Caribbean. We have potentially secured our vessel and have decided to start seeking the right crew member.

Because of our young children we are taking the time to be extra careful in this selection process. What we are looking for is a slightly adventurous single female with maybe some sailing experience and a whole lot of mothering instinct. This individual must understand not only the dedication to the trip one must make, but also the idea of shared responsibility on the boat.

The vessel is a 45 foot with an aft cabin. The female crew member would have the queen vberth with own head. The boys sleep in the settee and we have the aft cabin with our own head.

The journey is set to begin in late January (as I said we are allowing plenty of time for screening).

The right crew member should be able to provide most of their own spending money (however we will negotiate some pay for help with the twins). Food aboard will be provided, shore meals will not.

Essentially we are looking for someone we can build a relationship with and go adventuring.
Old 29-09-2015, 21:07   #2

Re: Couple With 2 Children Looking For Single FEMALE to Crew Tampa to Brazil

Hello!

I don't really know where to begin. I came on here looking for an adventure and this seems a bit perfect. I'm a 27 year old female from California and I've spent the past 6 years of my life being a childcare professional with running after school programs and summer camps through the YMCA in Sonoma County California. My whole family is from the east and almost all of them were fisherman or boat hands sailing all over so I figure it's about time I start my exploration. I am CPR/First aid certified and have extensive training with childcare and responsibilities.

I unfortunately don't have much boat experience but it is definitely in my blood and I am a fast learner. Not to mention I WANT to learn and am very interested in every aspect of boating, I just haven't had the chance to learn.

How old are your children? I look forward to a response from you and hope you give me a chance.

Thanks!
-Beanie
Old 30-09-2015, 07:03   #3

Re: Couple With 2 Children Looking For Single FEMALE to Crew Tampa to Brazil

Hey Beanie.

You definitely sound like a good fit. Please feel free to add my wife Regina Payne on Facebook. Her profile picture is of the twins, they are two and a half years old now (babies in her profile picture). She can discuss specifics on how we would LIKE for this to work out.

Regina on Facebook

Tags
Brazil, crew, crew wanted, single, wanted, brazil, children