Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-11-2016, 14:44   #1

Charter a yacht in Greece.

A group of 4 Aussie couples are looking to charter a mono or cat for 4-6 weeks in Greece or Croatia in September/ October 17. There is a lot of companies and prices vary so much. Would appreciate any advice. I hold a Master V (Australia) and we were looking at either a 50'cat or up to a 60' mono.
Tallarook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 05:01   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Re: Charter a yacht in Greece.

Take a look at EuroMarine in Dubrovnik
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 05:07   #3

How about treating yourself to a really special boat: a Pogo 50? V fast, v controllable, easily handled, and a huge platform for parties.

You can charter one in Greece from Pogo 50 | Fastsailing
TwoLegged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 07:29   #4

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoLegged View Post
How about treating yourself to a really special boat: a Pogo 50? V fast, v controllable, easily handled, and a huge platform for parties.

You can charter one in Greece from Pogo 50 | Fastsailing
Yes, and if they prefer a cat they can charter they have now also a Sig 45
The yachts | Fastsailing
But that's if they are all sailors and want not only to have a nice cruising time but also a fantastic sailing time.

If they are more on the average charter, or even average cruising sailor I would recommend them BanTours that sail out of Marina Frappa in Croatia. The surroundings (Sibenick) are beautiful, I had a great experience with them, they are the Dufour importers for Croatia and have always new boats, among others (you have to book very early for those). There is nothing like sailing a brand new boat

Next season they will have 3 new 2017 Dufour 512. The boat has four cabins.
Charter Croatia, boat or yacht rental - Ban tours
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 08:15   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

while i do not set out to be a chartering business i am happy to do a private charter of my Jeanneau 43ds (4 double cabins plus one smaller "double over&under"). It helps cover my costs. If nec i can be the skiper and would use the smaller starboard over/under cabin. That would leave 3 doubles for guests.

Boat currently near Trieste which is a few miles on the northern end of Croatia. Nearest airports, Trieste, Pula, and then a little further south Zadar or Split.
Old 29-11-2016, 09:11   #6

We received a very good service from
Yacht charter Croatia – Sailing Croatia with Ultra Sailing
when the engine stopped working.
nepal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 09:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallarook View Post
A group of 4 Aussie couples are looking to charter a mono or cat for 4-6 weeks in Greece or Croatia in September/ October 17. There is a lot of companies and prices vary so much. Would appreciate any advice. I hold a Master V (Australia) and we were looking at either a 50'cat or up to a 60' mono.

pls check www.Bluewatersailing.nl the have 2 sun odessey,s 51 based in Kos ( greece ) they will go as bare boat as well If you can present your valid qualifications very attractive prices attractive
frank huybers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 09:18   #8

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey DS43

Have a look at SK Yachting in Marmaris,Turkey. Contact is Peter Nölle at p.noelle@gmx.net. Their ships, many of which are cats, are really well maintained and prepared. Current political context in Turkey is favorable to good pricing and they have particular affinities with Aussies. Their ships are allowed into Greek islands only 25 miles away. Good luck and happy sailing!
Chalifour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 09:27   #9

Boat: Kadey-Krogen 38 Cutter

If you are not set on the Ionian, I would suggest the northern Aegean around the Sporades Islands. These folks are great to work with: MIXit Sailing Holidays in Greece

If you decide you want a Captain so you can relax: Paradise Sailing, skippered sailing holidays in the Sporades, Greece

Whatever you decide, have a great time! I have chartered there 3 times and can't wait to get back.

Cheers
sailstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 09:33   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
while i do not set out to be a chartering business i am happy to do a private charter of my Jeanneau 43ds (4 double cabins plus one smaller "double over&under"). It helps cover my costs. If nec i can be the skiper and would use the smaller starboard over/under cabin. That would leave 3 doubles for guests.

Boat currently near Trieste which is a few miles on the northern end of Croatia. Nearest airports, Trieste, Pula, and then a little further south Zadar or Split.
I also would be interested in the cost for chartering your boat for several weeks. I sail a Yamaha 30 on the west coast of Canada. Direct contact rhancock@telus.net

Thanks,

Richard Hancock
rhancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 09:34   #11

pls check kos water sailing">blue water sailing they have 2 sun odesseys 51 for bare boat use
very atractive prices , the yacht have all necessary paper for a bare boat charter

best regards Franky Blue
frank huybers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 13:10   #12

Thanks everyone. There is some great leads so will now explore them.
Will post the results for others as We get down the road a bit.
Tallarook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 23:14   #13

Location: South Africa. currently sailing in the Bahamas and then heading to the Med via Bermuda in May
Boat: Knysna 500SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalifour View Post
Have a look at SK Yachting in Marmaris,Turkey. Contact is Peter Nölle at p.noelle@gmx.net. Their ships, many of which are cats, are really well maintained and prepared. Current political context in Turkey is favorable to good pricing and they have particular affinities with Aussies. Their ships are allowed into Greek islands only 25 miles away. Good luck and happy sailing!
Would also highly recommend SK Yachting ... used them in Sept on a two week charter and their service was first class ....... we chartered a 450 Lagoon from them .... was an owners version so not for you as you need 4 cabins but they have other cats .... I would recommend going the cat route

Also the weather in Turkey will be way better than Croatia in Sept /Oct and also less expensive and crowded.

Hope this helps
Lambretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2016, 00:48   #14

Location: South Africa. currently sailing in the Bahamas and then heading to the Med via Bermuda in May
Boat: Knysna 500SE

My contact was Vera at SK yachting ....... if you need her info please PM me
Also Yeloya on this forum also has some great cats and monos for charter and is based in Mamaris ...... in a different marina
Lambretta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Greece, yacht