Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2016, 15:48   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wackerb
Sint Maarten, Florida, Cuba, Panama, Pacific, New Zealand

My next crew opening is in Sint Maarten the 30th of December. From there we will visit the British Virgin Islands, Miami and on to Cuba the end of February. Leaving Cuba around the end of February/early March for Panama, the Marquesas, South Pacific, and New Zealand. Relaxed atmosphere. Stopping for fun. Avoiding marinas. Comfortable Lagoon 400 catamaran. This is an unpaid position sharing living expenses for the joy of travel, appreciating nature, and experiencing different cultures. Your expenses are only for food and other personal items.We mostly anchor out and have more of a backpacker/camping out style than the relative luxury some seem to expect. If you don't mind swimming in to get supplies with a dry bag once in a while you'll fit right in. Yeah, we have a dinghy we also use, and even a small washing machine that works pretty well. We like fitness with a treadmill and bike trainer on board. However, if you HAVE to shower every day and take care of long hair and do your makeup this is not a good boat for you.

I understand how nice it is to take a two or three week vacation on a boat, but please only reply if you're available for a month or more. It is just too hard to schedule and train crew for short durations.

Absolutely no smokers, vaping, or smoking. No alcohol on board.
wackerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2016, 17:56   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Re: Sint Maarten, Florida, Cuba, Panama, Pacific, New Zealand

No alcohol! Are you a bunch of missionaries?
Old 26-12-2016, 02:13   #3

Not missionaries at all. Just had bad experiences with "social" drinkers on board and there is no way to tell if someone is really dependent from a distance. Drink ashore if you want, but if you have to have it daily you're addicted. Growing up with an alcoholic father left scars and safety on board is more important.

Cheers!
Old 28-12-2016, 03:30   #4
kb1

wackerb,

Still need crew? Do you have eMail or Skype?

beaumont_k AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
kb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016, 04:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackerb View Post
Not missionaries at all. Just had bad experiences with "social" drinkers on board and there is no way to tell if someone is really dependent from a distance. Drink ashore if you want, but if you have to have it daily you're addicted. Growing up with an alcoholic father left scars and safety on board is more important.

Cheers!
PLUS PLUS!!!
geoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 13:48   #6

Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm a dentist from Sweden who have taken time of work indefinitely to explore the globe. I'm 26 years old and have been sailing with my family every summer my entire life, but we've only been sailing in the Baltic sea.

If you want to get in touch, the easiest way would be to write on messenger. My name is Jennifer Sofia Elisabeth Borys.

Best regards
Jennifer
JenniferBorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 14:08   #7

Boat: Nauticat 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy30 View Post
No alcohol! Are you a bunch of missionaries?

Hahaha...
Raven Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 14:15   #8

Hi Jennifer, I don't have messenger. Please PM me.

Raven-Please go away.
Old 12-01-2017, 14:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackerb View Post
Hi Jennifer, I don't have messenger. Please PM me.

Raven-Please go away.

You are one grumpy person, aren't you? I just thought the "Missionary" comment was funny.

Your last post didn't work out and, I'll admit it, you fluffed this one up nicely. At the end of the day, however, I predict whoever joins your little adventure, will be looking to get off the boat in a hurry.
Old 12-01-2017, 15:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferBorys View Post
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm a dentist from Sweden who have taken time of work indefinitely to explore the globe. I'm 26 years old and have been sailing with my family every summer my entire life, but we've only been sailing in the Baltic sea.

If you want to get in touch, the easiest way would be to write on messenger. My name is Jennifer Sofia Elisabeth Borys.

Best regards
Jennifer

Hello, Jennifer. I just sent you a message via FB Messenger regarding our itinerary. Let me know if it is something you'd like to talk about in more detail.
Old 12-01-2017, 21:13   #11
kb1

Raven,
I can't believe your comment! You are SOOOO correct. I joined Bruce in Sint Maarten, we sailed 4 days and I left in the Dominican Republic. And NOT because of the booze ban! Such a pity, because the trip would have been fantastic.

Bruce, you need to change! But thanks for the trip anyway. I guess you're still in DR? Regards to Mr. Swiss.
Old 12-01-2017, 21:23   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
Raven,
I can't believe your comment! You are SOOOO correct. I joined Bruce in Sint Maarten, we sailed 4 days and I left in the Dominican Republic. And NOT because of the booze ban! Such a pity, because the trip would have been fantastic.

Bruce, you need to change! But thanks for the trip anyway. I guess you're still in DR? Regards to Mr. Swiss.

It was, mostly, just a guess. I've come across guys with his general disposition - i.e. willingness to criticize free help, require said free help to "pay their share", bad mouth former free help, etc. The outcome always seems to be the same.
Old 13-01-2017, 04:21   #13

Quote:
Raven,

Says the guy who couldn't learn to tie a bowline, has no interest in sailing, and spent every free moment playing on his computer.
Old 13-01-2017, 07:11   #14
kb1

There you go. Exactly as Raven said! A VERY sarcastic and bitter man who enjoys humiliation! Thanks Bruce. I didn't realise how much you despised me.
But don't push your next crew member in the back! That REALLY made my mind up.
Old 13-01-2017, 08:14   #15

Quote:
There you go. Exactly as Raven said! A VERY sarcastic and bitter man who enjoys humiliation! Thanks Bruce. I didn't realise how much you despised me.
But don't push your next crew member in the back! That REALLY made my mind up.
Actually, I like you quite well personally and so does Tom, but you're just not interested in learning what it takes to be a competent deckhand. And there's nothing wrong with that so long as you're not in a position where others depend on you for their safety and well being. There are plenty of other areas where you can shine.

Tags
Cuba, florida, New Zealand, Panama