Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 03:00   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: catalac 10m
Yacht Management Learning Opp In East Africa, North Mozambique, Not For Short Term, 2

email me with you cv, details, and questions twerner35@yahoo.com, our yacht 34 ft sail cat launched in 1987, fully equiped highest offshore category, i am qualified, experienced skipper, already full time 2nd qualifeid skipper on board, so we actually look for soneone who will fit in, can take an island environment in developing country, sees him/herself more as sailing partner, yacht management trainee than as crew. We do expect sharing costs, but keep that real

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 08-09-2014, 03:02   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: yacht management learning opp in East Africa, north Mozambique, not for short ter

i add 2 years be great, as that part was cut off, talk soon, preference given to lady, who wont feel threatened as my wife sails with us

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 29-10-2014, 01:16   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: yacht management learning opp in East Africa, north Mozambique, not for short ter

where are those adventurous prospective liveaboards who want to prepare themselves to jump into the deep of tropucal small cat liveaboard life on the hook more self sustaining than many?

Sent from East Africa via Cruisers Sailing Forum app
Old 29-10-2014, 16:23   #4

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

East Africa, north Mozambique = scary part of the world
Old 29-10-2014, 22:58   #5
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYJimmy View Post
East Africa, north Mozambique = scary part of the world

Misconceptions gallore. Companies like Anadarko, Eni, etc are North of where I liveaboard. The resulting security

at sea is better than USA Coastguard! I might add that after working in seven African countries spread over 20 years

Mozambique is the safest. People are gentle here, social, friendly, just dont be naive with money! Actually because of this

misconception not many cruisers here which makes I find myself most of time alone in some of the most beautiful cruising

grounds of the world, PRICELESS!

Sent from East Africa via Cruisers Sailing Forum app
Old 29-10-2014, 23:32   #6

Boat: 1986 Tosca 36'
Send a message via Skype™ to american
Re: Yacht Management Learning Opp In East Africa, North Mozambique, Not For Short Ter

Since you are asking:

Quote:
where are those adventurous prospective liveaboards
You might consider putting more effort into the sales pitch? You obviously know a lot about the area, what makes it attractive, and why prospective live-aboards are missing out on something amazing. Share that stuff! Sell the adventure and the wonder of it all.

Do you get over to Madagascar much? Does your cruising ground include the Comoros Islands or Mayotte? (I'm just looking at Google Maps here...). If so, are those awesome places that this person has a chance to see?

To put it bluntly: "Yacht Management Learning Opp in East Africa" makes it sound like you're offering a free organ removal operation... on a boat

Hope you'll take my response with the good humor that's intended. I am not interested in the live aboard opp, but am interested in sailing that part of the world. Hope my advice prompts you to share what's great about the area while also helping you secure the interest you're looking for.

Cheers,
-a

Tags
Africa, learning, men, yacht, africa