Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2016, 18:01   #1

Boat: Bavaria 50
Queensland Australia

Crew wanted

My usual annual routine is to leave my Bavaria 50' at Yeppoon (Central Queensland) over winter, delivering her north from the Gold Coast soon after Easter and bringing her south in the cyclonic summer months.

She's a big, quick boat rigged for short handing.

I'm always after crew to do coastal hops, time indeterminate, cruising the waters of the reef. The cruising ground is between Thomas Island and Gladstone - south of the over-loved Whitsundays and out of reach of charter boats. Happy to go way further with the right crew. Explore Cape York? Yep.

Finances? Share food costs and chip in for a bit of diesel, get yourself to and from the boat.

There are a few parameters. You need to be reasonably fit, relaxed, intelligent, able to hold a conversation and have a sense of both humour and responsibility. Sailing skills are really desirable, some experience is necessary but I can teach you. The boat's (deliberately) easy to run.

Me? Australian bloke, 60. Having a great life that I'm happy to share. Highly experienced sailor, fit, adventurous, smart - had a career now it's time not to work. I'm friendly, however direct about my expectations.

Crew of any gender welcome. For the record I'm gay and this advert is NOT about anything sexual whatsoever. If this is a problem it says more about you than me - feel free to move on to your next narrow minded not-too-good adventure.

Otherwise come and have a lot of fun. Two to three crew at any one time. Couples fine!
Old 02-03-2016, 22:14   #2

Boat: Not yet
Send a message via Skype™ to Freeman
Re: Queensland Australia

Hi Pat, I have sent you a message on your website. Cheers tony
Old 23-03-2016, 04:05   #3

Hi Pat,
I am 57, male, ex Navy (25 years) seaman and have always counted myself as a good seaman. I have a competent crew qual (done on Swarbrick 40') with some sailing experience.
I also have a master <24 and coxswain ticket. I am poor at mechanics but really want to learn.
Maybe because I'm ex military I can be a bit abrupt at times but don't realise it. I have a dry sense of humour (which I think is funny)

I am approaching retirement and want to gain experience to get my own yacht in a few years.

I intend to take some leave at the end of the year and would be very happy to do some sailing.

Cheers, Mark
Old 01-04-2016, 22:14   #4

Hi mate I am sailing up the coast on 17 on a friends vessel .I am 34 and love to dive
fish and enjoy fixing boats as its a part of sailing .So if you ever need a hand at short notice I can always work out a way to get to you .I have all my dive gear
I am a chilled person I would love to come aboard and help sail . Also I make the best rum on the east coast bundy and got nothing on what i make . Glad your honest about your life and yes there a f wits out there to many people have a messed up moral system .But what does preference have to do with sailing (I wish guys really new how good a gay wing man is )But any way mate fair winds and hope to talk to you soon

Fair winds
Cameron

If you need to contact me email camerongibbs82@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2016, 23:08   #5

Boat: Other Peoples Boats :0)

Hello Pat~
I want to throw my name in the bucket, as I plan on being out your way in the future!
I will hopefully know how to sail by then and will only need finer tuning by then~which I think you may know.

Tags
Australia, queensland