Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 17:04   #1

Boat: Catalina36 mkII
Send a message via Skype™ to pzmaria
Captain needed for a trip to Mexico

My pre-arranged captain just quit (he met a new girlfriend) his commitment to take my sailboat to Mexico. I Just purchase a 1987 Catalina30, She is in good shape and equipped with EchoMap 74dv. It has the most current Caribbean charts and hard copies are on board too. Wheel mounted autopilot will be mounted tomorrow. Universal engine is in good shape with spare parts on board. I have some experience sailing McGregor26 on the lakes but this is my first boat of this size. The plan was to get to Key West and bypassing Cuba get to Cancun where the boat has to go thru the customs. Boat has been registered in Canada and all registration papers are in order. As part of the compensation I'm offering a week stay on Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen in a nice condo ($1000-1200 USD value). Boat is located in Punta Gorda. Thanks.
pzmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 09:46   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Captain needed for a trip to Mexico

Sent PM a few days ago.

Please advise
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 10:48   #3

ARE YOU ABLE TO PAY MY TICKET TO YOU?
itororo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 09:19   #4

Location: I live in Wisconsin, Canada, South Dakota and Florida, depending on time of year

I am a delivery Capt. Where is your boat now? Will you be on board? If you have not located a Capt., you can call me at 608 393 5183. I am an older guy with a lot of experience. Married with 8 grandchildren, non-smoker, no health issues, not on any medication. will eat anything put in front of me, easy to get along with and a Christian. Have done two Fl to Mexico deliveries, although they were a long time ago. Tampa to Port Adventura was one of them and it sounds like that might be the trip you are planning. My last personal boat was a Morgan 30 Classic that my wife and I took to the Bahamas in winter of 2012/13, your boat is actually a lot more capable than the Morgan. Hope to hear from you, safe sailing, Tom
captcackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 17:07   #5

Location: I live in Wisconsin, Canada, South Dakota and Florida, depending on time of year

I replied to your original post. You can go to captcackle@gmail.com to respond.
Old 25-04-2017, 18:49   #6

Boat: Catalina36 mkII
Send a message via Skype™ to pzmaria

Thank you all interested to help. A delivery captain has been found.
pzmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 09:47   #7

Didn't know where your boat was currently berthed. Had sent earlier reply. would do delivery for $1500.00 plus condo stay and return flight Cancun to Miami or Tampa, what ever is cheaper. Any interest, please call 608-963-5794, Tom

Tags
captain, Mexico