Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 06:20   #1

Boat: FP, Eleuthera 60
slow cooking

We have a Classic cooking range (four burners) on our Eleuthera, the problem is the strength of the flame; frying a couple of eggs is ok but if you want to make some real cooking (I love to cook) the flames are not strong enough.
Anyone having this problem?
The propane should not be the problem; is it the conversion from European to US?... Any ideas?
MIRELOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:00   #2

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: slow cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRELOS View Post
We have a Classic cooking range (four burners) on our Eleuthera, the problem is the strength of the flame; frying a couple of eggs is ok but if you want to make some real cooking (I love to cook) the flames are not strong enough.
Anyone having this problem?
The propane should not be the problem; is it the conversion from European to US?... Any ideas?
Check the pressure at the tank. Then check that the solenoid is opening fully. Something is restricting the propane flow.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:02   #3
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

check flow of gas .. does it seem enough? if not then make sure supply is not restricted. does the flame burn blue or orange? check each burner. enjoy the journey.
Old 18-06-2014, 05:29   #4

so after viewing other stoves we determined that the orifices were too small...we drilled 1/16 hole on the largest and fooooooo, now we get a big flame but orange in color...not good, it will blacken our pans.....so we messed up, but somewhere there is a need for more pressure.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:55   #5

finally dumped the stove top (Classic) supplied with the boat, bought a Ancona Casetta Series 4burner gas top from Costco, we had to cut 1/4 inch from the opening and put in a 110 volt outlet, made the conversion to LPG supplied by the range manufacturer all straight forward except the 110; I spliced from a counter outlet and put a box under the stove..... large burner has 16000 BTU's,
now I can cook.

Tags
cooking