Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Regional Forums and Groups > Asia
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2019, 00:20   #1

Boat: 38ft steel,Adams
Haul out - Malaysia east coast

Hi all,

I'm currently in Cambodia and have a 35ft steel Adams requiring urgent haul out. I did some chipping and scraping a few days ago and now taking on small amount of water...
I'm seeking recommendations for haul out and handstand facilities on Malaysia's east coast.

Thanks,

Lloyd
LLoyd Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 19:52   #2

Re: Haul out - Malaysia east coast

Wow not a single reply...could really do with a little information ATM

Lloyd
Old 25-01-2019, 01:37   #3

Boat: Nautitech 40 (2005)

This is the Sail Malaysia Cruising Guide description of Endau on the East Coast. It's a reliable guide but you would obviously need to check the latest details about the yard itself.

"A recommended anchorage to await the high tide for the river entrance to Endau is at 02°39’.65N 103°45’.15E, which is sheltered and with good holding on mud. An alternative is to anchor at Pulau Seri Buat/Pulau Sembilang (see above). Anchoring off the river entrance is risky. In 2012 a steel yacht anchored near the river entrance was run down by a trawler and severely damaged. The trawler continued intotheEndauriverwithoutinvestigatingwhatithadjust hit.Repairstookmonths.
The river bar is shallow and the channel moves from season to season. The channel is well marked, but the buoys may not have caught up with the channel’s recent moves. In May 2012 a route using the following waypoints provided a minimum depth of just over 3 metres at high spring tides: 02°40’.92N 103°40’.63E, then 02°40’.03N 103°39’.24E, then 02°40’.02N 103°38’.40E, and then mid-river. This route cuts right over a charted mud bank on C-Map charts. It would certainly be worth taking note of the routes taken by the big C-class fishing boats, many of which are usually underway at high tide. In 2013 the red port hand buoy at about 02°40’.0N 103°39’.14E in the entrance channel was replaced with a black-paintedbeacon.
The town has good shops and reasonable bus services to Mersing and Rompin, with onward connections to Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur. It is possible to anchor on mud to the north side of the river. The holding is suspect in some areas, with much detritus to foul an anchor.

Prospect Dockyard is a railway-based haulout facility and shipyard that has branched into yacht repair and maintenance. The railway suits long-keeled yachts well, but deep fin-keel yachts are less easy to accommodate. Tel: (609) 413 1868. Mobile: 013-931 8900. Email: proboat@streamyx.com. Mark your email FAO Ms Ng. Website: prospectdockyard.com.my The yard is reported expert in engineering and engine repairs. Welding and metal grinding is permitted, sandblasting can be arranged. This is one of the fewyards in Malaysia that can work on metal yachts.There is a first-class propeller repair shop."
chris in SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 03:54   #4

Hi Chris
Thanks for the info....I have just emailed them.
I read recently that shipyard was closed to the public not long ago. However I am going to try in contact them with the info you have given me.

Thanks again
Lloyd

Tags
east coast, haul out, local information, Malaysia, marina & port info