Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2017, 15:01   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400
Lagoon 400 Spectra water maker cape horn installation

Just interested if any Lagoon 400 owners have a Spectra Cape horn or similar water maker, where you installed it? I am looking at alternatives to using cupboard space in the forward port cabin, which I think is the normal space.
Thanks
Old 16-09-2017, 04:45   #2

Re: Lagoon 400 Spectra water maker cape horn installation

Hey Nick,

We have one in the port side front space under the bed. Was there when I bought the boat. To be honest haven't used it yet but is a neat install. You're welcome to come take a look if you like.

Cheers
Sam
sambos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 16:11   #3

Howdy Nick,

My water maker (Open Ocean Cape Brett 240v model) has been fitted in chain locker - high pressure pump & filter on port wall, with membrane on forward wall port side. Controls are are on forward wall starboard side. Low pressure pump & strainer are port hull underneath toilet. Access is pretty easy except for filter. This requires crawling up to HP pump to remove for cleaning/changing. I would prefer this down near LP pump. Much easier access.

All the best Brett
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 03:31   #4

Question for Tellie
I have a duel water filter housing and was wondering if it is worth having an additional filter in the system ie 10 micron then 5 micron or would this effect the operation of the Cape horn Clark pump etc? should I just stick with the original single 5 micron filter system?

Thanks Sam and Brett, I think I have found the perfect spot for all the parts now, and the good news is I have not taken up any useful storage space. Will know if it is a good spot once it is up and running, still away to go yet...

Tags
installation, lagoon, lagoon 400, water