Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2017, 02:54   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Delivery crew wanted from Panama to Florida departing Late Nov on a nice 45' sloop.

Delivery crew wanted from Panama to Florida departing Late Nov / Early Dec on a nice 45’ sloop. Pro-Captain, Travel and Pay negotiable, on-board costs covered by owner, no shared expenses or contributions required.

(The Passage) This Delivery will depart from Shelter Bay Marina, Colon, Panama, as soon as the boat and crew are prepared hopefully on or within a few days of November 29th. There is a possibility of stopping in Colombia, Caymans, or Mexico for fuel or weather if required. The expected route is to go north, then NW to clear the west coast of Cuba to Key West Florida This is the right time of year to make this passage, just after hurricane season but still before Christmas trade-winds have set in. I expect the weather could be a complete ‘mixed-bag’ with a bit of everything from motoring, motor-sailing and sailing. In the past I have been able to complete this 1200 mile trip non-stop offshore in 10 days however weather will be a determining factor and crew should be flexible with timing and their schedule. I expect to finish before Christmas.

(The Boat) A comfortable, well equipped, recently surveyed 1999 Hunter 45 Passage. She has a new or very recent 10 man liferaft, Eprirb, and Delorme Satellite communication system providing real-time tracking online and unlimited short emails and texts offshore. This is Hunter’s ‘passage version’ so it has an autopilot, radar, and chartplotting, a 75HP Yanmar turbo diesel, 8.5 KW generator, increased tankage for fuel and water giving us a range to motor over 600 miles at speed even though we will never be more than 200 miles from land as is typical in the Caribbean. Even though this IS a production Hunter it has been designed for more extensive cruising and has been through an extensive survey. Please don’t turn this thread into a discussion about the boat’ s characteristics. Plenty of information about the model is available via google and a recent sales-listing of this vessel is available here; 1999 Hunter Passage 450 sailboat for sale in Outside United States

(The Captain) USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master and has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop in 2013. Since then I have completed about 40,000nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. I don’t mind providing sail training and teaching to less experienced crew if they are keen students. Recent CV and blogsite available here; http://www.sailingsalsa.com/sailboat-deliveries-2.

(The Arrangement) This boat is being relocated to Florida for a new owner. I usually get overwhelmed with excellent volunteer applicants however reasonable travel expenses and pay (up to $100 per day) are negotiable for the right person with offshore sailing experience. On-board passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, provisioning will be covered by the owner. ALL crew help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. Expect to keep a night-watch and participate in navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking cleaning, repairs etc. WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW YOU WILL BE TAUGHT. We keep an active watch and this is an opportunity to gain miles and experience under power and sail with the safety of an experienced captain on nice private vessel.

(The Requirements for the crew) I will be considering all people who respond however you should at least know some sailing basics and please tell me about your sailing experience. Any other experience or skills that you might posses that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,) should be mentioned.I will give some preference to those who can assure me they are not prone to sea-sickness / motion sickness. When contacting me I prefer you make a short reply here and then send an email to sailboatdelivery@hotmail.com and please include your phone number. If you are asking for travel expenses and or pay please let me know up front and try to attach a CV/Resume. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
-Kirk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	159557  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:01   #2

Re: Delivery crew wanted from Panama to Florida departing Late Nov on a nice 45' sloo

Hi Kirk,
RYA Coastal Skipper/Tidal
PADI Advanced Open Water
OCC Member
Just Completed, as watch leader a passage from
Rhode Island to The Bahamas on a Hylas 56.
Will send you my full CV later tonight after
my Thanksgiving guests depart.
I can depart New York anytime after November 30th.
US Citizen with current passport.
Cheers
Neil
Time2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 12:10   #3

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Re: Delivery crew wanted from Panama to Florida departing Late Nov on a nice 45' sloo

UPDATE THE POSITION IS FILLED, sorry I couldn't respond to everyone directly the response was overwhelming. Thank you!
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, delivery, florida, Panama, sloop, wanted