Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2018, 15:15   #1

Boat: Swanson 36
VDO wind instruments what type of plug?

Hi everyone,

New to cruisers forums so I Hope this is the right place for this question and thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!

I have a set of VDO instruments near the helm and they are not currently plugged into anything coming from the top of the mast. There is an anemometer (is that what you call it) at the top of the mast and some wires that I have found that clearly come from the top and appear to be for the anemometer, a black wire with wires inside it, red, white, blue and a shield. In addition to the black wire there is also a log + and - and wind + and - this makes a total of 8 wires. It is possible that these wires are from a different system and possibly not VDO brand, might have to go up the mast. What I want to know is what type of plug do I need to plug these wires into the wind instruments and what would the Pin out be for this plug? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8223.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	179649Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8224.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	179650

Cheers,

Sam
sammorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 04:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: VDO wind instruments what type of plug?

VDO Ocean Line Wind ➥ https://www.vdo.de/media/183906/flc_manual_wind_en.pdf

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, plug, rum, wind