Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2012, 02:53   #1

Suitable Music System for Dive Boat

Hi All,

I have looked through this forum for details regarding sound system advice but cant seem to find any so my apologies if my question has be asked previously and feel free to point me in the direction of that post.

Im planning to install a music system on a dive boat which will have 3 or 4 separate "zones", as in lower saloon, main saloon, dive deck and sun deck.

I want to be able to select which areas have the music, such as; off (or even better low volume), in the saloons but on (or "louder") on the sundeck and dive deck.

It seems that the easiest option is a 12v "car stereo" with Aux/USB connectivity for ipods/mp3 players etc.

What i don't know the answer to is;

if I have 4 zones and assume 2 speakers each zone for balance, how do I control what's played where and how loud. I've seen simple 4-way speaker switches in Radio shack for domestic speakers but not sure if they work on 12v!

Do I need an Amplifier, i'm assuming yes for sound quality but is it necessary to "drive" 8 speakers.

whats the sound quality of marine speakers, do you recommend them purely due to "waterproof" construction or there ability withstand humid saltwater environments.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
ian_brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music