Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 05:03   #1

Where are all of the monohulls for sale in the South Pacific or QLD Australia?

My first ever post !

I am ready to join the live-aboard sailing community full time this summer. I’m a newby but have done quite a bit of research. I hope to be based in the South Pacific coral triangle area, as I am a coral biologist, working to help mitigate the ongoing disaster of our coral reefs. I’m currently based in Tokyo.

Where are all of the monohull sailboats for sale in the South Pacific or QLD Australia?

I’ve read so much about older monohulls being in abundance, how nobody wants them, and its a buyers market.

But where are all of the deals on older monohulls?

I’ve spent hours and hours searching online, but I don’t see that many deals out there that are listed for sale. There aren’t many choices, except on the West coast of the US or Mexico. Too far away.

I wish I could walk the docks of some of these marinas in the Pacific and find some of these boats.

Maybe some of you visit marinas in the Pacific and see distressed monohulls that have been for sale for a while.

Anyone out there want to be my eyes and ears? Im very flexible in where I can buy the boat. Anywhere in the S. Pacific, Australia, or maybe New Zealand if its a blue water boat. Especially decent solid boats that people have given up on selling, but dont need months of work.

Where in the Pacific do you get the most bang for your buck? Is this even possible to buy a ready to sail sailboat in the Pacific for ten grand?
I don’t have enough money to buy a 30K boat and live on it.

What I’m looking for:?
Under 10,000 USD. Solid inboard diesel. 27 ft to 37 feet since I’m a solo sailor. Decent sails and standing rigging. Interior not so important.
Would love a blue water boat, but would settle for a coastal cruiser. I can handle most DIY items, including an engine rebuild (but I’d prefer not do one now.). Extra headroom (I’m 188 cm) and wider beam would be great but not essential.

What about this idea? I buy a cheap crummy boat and use it as my entry key to sail around to marinas and find a good deal on a boat and then swap boats?

Is this feasible or am I just dreamin’? Any advice on how I can acquire a boat would be appreciated Cruisers ! Don’t hold back guys !!! I can take it.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ellstrom
Ellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, for sale, hull, monohull, sale, south pacific