Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 11:26   #1

Seattle to San Diego California

I'm looking for experienced sailors to join me in sailing to so cal. Would like to leave mid August of this year. I have spent the last year ( and lots of money) refitting my boat. New standing and running rigging. New mainsail,spinnacker. Epirb,vhs,gps, depth. Boat is a Morgan 33 with low hours on her diesel. Times a wasting.
Old 09-07-2016, 20:21   #2

Re: Seattle to San Diego California

Hi. I'm interested in the Seattle to San Diego sail.

I recently retired. I am 63. I took a job 10 years ago that gave me no time on the water. In the years before I had sailboats on Chesapeake Bay: Cape Dory 30, Crealock 37 and J32, and crewed with friends from Bay of Fundy to Annapolis, from Newport to Bermuda to Portugal, from Key West to Honduras.

I don't get seasick. I have been known to cook. I like night watches.

I am fine with pitching in on expenses. Let me know if the spot is open.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-07-2016, 21:34   #3

Yes, crew position still up for grabs. I just posted this ad. Can we talk on phone? Are you close?
Old 10-07-2016, 14:18   #4

I am very interested. I live and sail on the east coast but am a good navigator and adapt well to new situations and areas.

I live in Salem, MA. I race 2-3 days weekly out of Marblehead, MA on a Jeuneau '37. I started sailing when I was 10 and have been in love ever since. I have delivered boats on the east coast but never the west. I have friends that live in both Seattle and San Diego so I am flexible in time.

Other then sailing, I a part time lifeguard (30 years) and a middle school computer coding teacher.

Feel free to contact me at honor628@yahoo.com with further details or for more information.

~Shannon
Old 11-07-2016, 10:43   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to rvallejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrcharley View Post
I'm looking for experienced sailors to join me in sailing to so cal. Would like to leave mid August of this year. I have spent the last year ( and lots of money) refitting my boat. New standing and running rigging. New mainsail,spinnacker. Epirb,vhs,gps, depth. Boat is a Morgan 33 with low hours on her diesel. Times a wasting.
Noticed you already have a potential crew. If for any reason this does not work, I am interested in this crew opportunity. I have a daughter in Santa Barbara and will visit her after we finish the trip.

I am a 53 consultant and US Basic Keelboat and Basic Cruising certified sailor with experience limited to the Byscane Bay in Florida where I live. Currently I am taking a one year travel sabbatical and cruising as much as possible before I buy my own sailboat is on the top of my list.

If this happens, I could fly to Seatle and then fly back to Florida after I visit my daughter in Santa Barbara.

Romulo.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:08   #6

Crew has not been finalized. I would like to talk to you. My number is 360-620-6985 Richard
Old 11-07-2016, 13:56   #7

Hey there, Brian and Lisa here. We hail from Corvallis and Eugene Oregon and have interest to find out more if you are still seeking crew. We are 55-56 and enjoy all aspects of being out sailing. We have a lovely norsea which we just got after we sold our 47 ct in anacortes. we can be reached at 541-760-5957 Be well Brian
Old 11-07-2016, 17:43   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to rvallejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrcharley View Post
Crew has not been finalized. I would like to talk to you. My number is 360-620-6985 Richard
Good evening. Tried calling you but no answer. Was unable to leave you a message due to voice mail not activated.

You can reach me at 954-614-3765

For what dates are you planning this trip?

Romulo
Old 12-07-2016, 16:58   #9

Boat: Other Peoples Boats :0)

I would like to throw my name in the hat~as you are probably looking for 3 crew members.
I travel to Seattle area often and would be interested in helping with preparations~I find that is the best way to get to know crew characters :0)

Sail on~Time is a wasting!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:44   #10

Are you still in Seattle?
Old 15-09-2016, 15:06   #11

Boat: Other Peoples Boats :0)

I just left --bummer. Looking to get on anYawl traveling south. When are you planning on departing?

Tags
cal, california, san diego, seattle