Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 14:14   #1

Cruising Central America

Crew wanted for sailing & fun. We are a young couple from the USA and we are going to be sailing the Caribbean side of Central America: Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico this season. We are looking for 2 crew preferably 20s-30s to sail with us around these beautiful places. We are totally capable of handling the boat ourselves but would love to share the adventure with others.

We are currently in the Cayman Islands and will sail to Belize next week where we will meet my family for Christmas. The soonest we would be able to have crew is the 28th of December. We have a 35 foot Fountain Pajot, Tobago, catamaran. It is outfitted with all the proper safety and communication equipment. We have three births, one head, and a 9 foot dingy with 10hp outboard. No drugs or smoking is allowed on vessel although recreational drinking is encouraged when not underway

We are a very social young couple that loves to have fun and explore new places. Sailing skills are not required but preferred although we do not anticipate many overnight sails. We are looking for people that love to have a bit of adventure and good time while still having great respect for people and our boat. You are responsible for all cost to get to and from the boat, your share of food, immigration cost and land expenses. We plan on sailing the Central American coast from January to about April. We are open to varying lengths of stay on the vessel.

SO, if it sounds like your cup of tea then send us a private message if you are interested or better yet send an email to my gmail account megpetermann@gmail dotcom
carpediem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 20:28   #2

Re: Cruising Central America

What an amazing cruise! I see you are looking for someone in their 20's or 30's to join you. If that is an absolute, then sadly I do not qualify - I'm 47. I retired a few years ago and moved to Puerto Rico . Since then I started flying and am about to start sailing. The plan is to circumnavigate the globe with both the Cat and the plane (where applicable).
I'm not sure how long your season will be going but if you can't find anyone to join you after February, you might consider having me join you. Fortunately, I have a lot of young friends, so I'm sure I can find another to join.
Best wishes - Matt
GlobalReach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2016, 17:35   #3

Hi my name is Eric and I may be interested in crewing with you folks. I am 50 (not in your preferred age range) but full of energy and love goofing around and having fun very young at heart. I am in very good physical condition and exercise daily not to worry. You can check out my life on face book under Eric Kendle I am from Sacramento California. Surfer, Para Glider, Rock Climber, ect... very very active. I am certified through ASA and have been sailing for more than 5 years. I have sailed approximately up to 30 or so different boats in sailing clubs, and with friends mostly out of San Francisco but have sailed Chesapeake Bay, ICW, Hollyloch Scotland and some other lakes and bays. I am currently single handed on my own boat a Baba 30 looking to cruise the Caribbean with intentions on going through the Panama canal taking my boat back to California. Last week I broke down and have been fighting engine problems and decided to abort the plan for various reasons other than just the engine issue. So here I am tossing around possibly riding motorcycles across India and Australia, backpacking Europe (to cold at the moment), or crewing with people anywhere in the world. I am very easy to get along with, respect privacy, will be the hardest worker. I have a great knowledge of fixing most everything on a boat. I love meeting new people and experiencing cultures. I am ex military (navy), prior deep sea diver for oil industry for 6 years, and spent the last 15 -20 years working in Radiology. I have a cruising kitty and can help with the finances you listed. I can answer any question you want. Let me know if interested and we can chat more about things. Thanks for reading. Happy Sails.. Eric
svsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 18:52   #4
Marine Service Provider

Count on me from Fort Lauderdale and wishing to add more experiences in life. Good sailor and good chef.
Tel 305 833 4540
jcgomez25@icloud.com
jcvalor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 01:13   #5

Your post looks like a great adventure, I'm really excited to learn more. Here's a little about myself:

I have been land locked in the Northern California Bay Area for the last few years and am more than ready to hit the open ocean again. After college I worked on a farm and a brewery so I love getting my hands dirty and am not afraid of hard work. Until recently I worked as legislative analyst in the capitol in Sacramento. I am open to traveling to join the boat if the right situation presents itself.

I grew up in a sailing family, my amazing parents built their own boat in South Africa and sailed until they bumped in America and became pregnant with me. They eventually ended up in SF bay area so adventure and sailing is most assuredly in my blood. As a recently turned 30 year old, I am ready to put my skills and experience to use as crew. I am a very enthusiastic and capable sailor with over 20 years of experience. I have numerous ASA certifications including the Bareboat Qualification, so I'm legally allowed and more than capable to captain any sailboat under 99 ft. A few years ago I spent over a year cruising from California to Australia with many stops along the way. I acted as First Mate for the first half of the journey then took over as captain for the remainder. Having accomplished long passages on several trips - ranging from crossing the South Pacific, cruising all over Mexico, Central America, and the Pacific Northwest I am an adept, trained navigator with plenty of trip planning experience. I enjoy to cook and am a stellar Bbqer, if I may say so. I am also an avid fishermen with many other necessary boat expertise.

Please feel free to contact with my any questions. I am very keen to discuss or have a friendly conversation.

(916) 956-3606 or MattMalan86@gmail.com

Cheers!
MattMalan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 13:20   #6

Definitely interested in joining you. Currently in Roatan, Honduras. Ready to go ASAP. If you are sailing by Honduras, I'd be happy to come meet you if you aren't coming into Roatan Island.

I'm a single 36 year old female. Been cruising for the last 6 weeks. 2 different boats. I am very adventurous and easy going. I own and operate a seasonal tourism business back in Canada and am free until mid-March. I private messages you with my email
Annemariefortner@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
AnneMarie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 20:12   #7

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for your interest but we have found our crew for the season. Thanks to all of those who messaged me and I hope you find a boat to hop on soon.
Fair winds and following seas!
carpediem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 22:33   #8

Boat: Legend 37.5, 1968 Alcort Sunfish, Avon 310

Every youthful boat should have a 40+ YO on board who knows enough to quit drinking after midnight and can get u safely back to mother vessel.
Tetepare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Central America, cruising