Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2014, 04:35   #1
DYD
Marine Service Provider

Caribbean - Chile

Looking for one or two crew to assist a professional delivery captain. The boat is currently in BVI, but possible to join USVI or Panama. This will obviously be an adventurous delivery and may take 5-6 weeks. The Panama Canal transit can be a week alone. Route as yet undecided, but possibly via Galapagos. This is a voluntary crew position ...unpaid. There is a limited travel budget, so please don't apply expecting to be flown in from Australia etc. Re-advertised as the boat required work in preparation.
Old 30-05-2014, 16:35   #2

Re: Caribbean - Chile

Hello !
I'm Lucas, a french photographer in world tour.
Actually i'm in Dominican Republic and i need a boat for Panama. Are you cruising by Dominican Rep during your travel ? And do you have one place for me.

Adventurer, motivate and dynamic, I always adapt myself and living in a boat is something that don’t afraid me, working and living onboard will be a new.
I don’t have any specific diet , I don’t smoke and will help for all day to day task on bord (cooking, cleaning, housework, navigation…)

thank

lucas
Old 03-06-2014, 20:46   #3

Hi DYD,

I'm Jonny, Irish, 41, fit, able and well travelled. Currently in Costa Rica on way to Panama. The job sounds great and although I have limited experience (read, none) I have never had any problems at sea (pleasure cruises etc).

Hard working, enthusiastic and a good cook!

Let me know any info you have re dates etc. and I will reply to any questions you may have straight away.

Thanks,

J
Old 04-06-2014, 22:39   #4

DYD,

I'd love to help - when are you leaving?

I'm a lifelong sailor - competitive racer in high school and college and occasional cruiser. I was planning to sail from San Francisco to Hawaii this July in the Pacific Cup but my ride just cancelled. I'm a teacher, my summer is open, and I'm itching for an adventure.

Let me know if you want to know more about me and think you might need my help.

Eli
Old 05-06-2014, 12:00   #5

ahoi

I will be in panama in the next few weeks. I sailed once in the Caribbean and loved it .. I wanna learn as much as possible. I can help with night watch, cleaning, cooking and the tasks you teach me ... I am an easy going person which loves the adventure .. let me know asap
Old 05-06-2014, 16:06   #6

Hi DYD,
I am interested in being part of your crew, depending on when you are planning to depart. I've been sailing a few years, mainly coastal sailing near San Diego, and dinghy raising in the Arizona deserts. My latest off shore sail was last spring as crew for delivery of 40' sloop from Panama to San Diego. I speak some Spanish, and am willing to perform all watch responsibilities.

How long have you been a delivery captain, and what type of boat are you taking on this trip?
Old 14-06-2014, 09:23   #7

Can you tell us what type boat it is and what date are you planning on setting sail? How many total crew do you plan to be aboard?
Old 15-06-2014, 05:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYD View Post
Looking for one or two crew to assist a professional delivery captain. The boat is currently in BVI, but possible to join USVI or Panama. This will obviously be an adventurous delivery and may take 5-6 weeks. The Panama Canal transit can be a week alone. Route as yet undecided, but possibly via Galapagos. This is a voluntary crew position ...unpaid. There is a limited travel budget, so please don't apply expecting to be flown in from Australia etc. Re-advertised as the boat required work in preparation.
I would love to , I am presently in Placencia , Belize- blackcoral01@gmail.com

Tags
Caribbean, Chile, rib