Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2017, 12:37   #1

Boat: Seawind 1000 33ft (10m)
Virgin Islands

I am looking for Crew (1 maybe 2) to join me on my Seawind1000 High Performance Cat.

I will be returning to the boat (on the hard in Virgin Gorda) approximately Feb. 2nd 2017 or soon after. My partner can't join for several months due to family issues and her car accident.

We launched from California in 2004 and within 5 days, surfed the 21 foot Sunami waves that came from Thailand. We have 15,000 miles under the keel after 12 years of sailing 6 months/yr.

We are both musicians and love people, animals and all things underwater with the exception of the Crown of Thorns critter that fired a missile into my forefinger. I am a Mechanical Engineer by education, that became a Sales Engr, for Trane Company WI and CA, and scaled down to creating my own company and retiring at 50. I am courageous, honest, trustworthy and kind and wish to have someone similar aboard to get along with. I'm not into toxic sarcasm or egotistical types. But i do carry some amuzement, humor and wit.

I would like a person that can assist me for a few days to help outfit the boat and then launch and sail the VIs. Takes 7 days till we launch.
The itinerary is very flexible and involves roaming about under sail all the time mostly and anchoring out in Bays and coming to most islands. I want a person that is experienced enough to handle a boat, assist in raising and lower sails, anchoring, steering, keep a eye out, be accountable and dependable. I am a young 62 yr old that loves the ocean hanging out on deck, snorkeling and having good conversations and good food mostly on board. We don't do cigarettes, drugs or heavy drinking. We do occasionlly hook up with other musicians and get somewhat wasted.

I am called an Amp Nazi because i enjoy saving the environment. I do so by not wasting gas, water and electricity, since we run on 2 Solar Panels. We have successfully run our boat this way even though we have stereo, refig. freezer, watermaker, windlass, electric winch that takes a person up mast, radar, new chart plotter, new sails 2016, new rigging 2014, new dyneema life lines (no more rust on clothes!) and a new anchor.

I play guitar and sing semi-professionally and write music and hope whoever comes can enjoin in merry making.

Crew will handle travel costs and personal on-shore costs. Food will be provided if crew is helping me run the boat.
goelze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 17:42   #2

Boat: Saturna 33
Re: Virgin Islands

Howdy Goelze,

I've got a couple commitments the next 2 mos but would love to help out on your cat. I'm a pretty good hand when it comes to outfitting a boat and I'm a darn good sailor once we cast off. You can reach me at b4thewind@yahoo.com to explore the possibiities. Sorry, I'm inept when it comes to making music but I do love to listen.

Randy.
b4thewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 04:58   #3

Boat: Hunter 27' 1988
Re: Virgin Islands

Hi,
I haven't posted to the forum in awhile so apologies upfront if it looks weird. I am interested in crewing for you. I am 65 and recently retired from IBM as an IT Architect. I would classify myself as having mid level but rusty sailing skills. I am ASA certified for bareboat chartering and coastal navigation. I own an older 27' Hunter that I do all of the work on myself. It's on the hard right now and in need of some serious repairs but I'd rather go sailing 😊 I mostly do single handed sailing on inland lakes but I have done a couple of week long trips out of Newport, RI as 1st mate on 40' boats and two 10 day trips in the Med on a 40' cat.

I'm easy going. I've been a foster dad to 14 foster kids so I learned a lot of patience and give and take along the way. I love music but I can't carry a tune in a bucket. So I'd love being the audience but can't contribute much of value musically. Never been to the VIs before. It's high on my bucket list. Very flexible on scheduling. I am a home wine maker but not a heavy drinker. Give away more than I drink. If you're interested please let me know.
haynesd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Virgin Islands