Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2019, 06:40   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
B&G/Navionics alarm setting question

I have a B&G zues 2 chartplotter, 4 years old, 3 major firmware upgrades, no update to the manual! This is very frustrating as they have changed the user interface with no explanation of how to do things. I have even asked a high school age person to try to figure it out ;-)

Anyway, when you have a route set, at each waypoint it asks you to confirm the course change. It shows up the screen asking for confirmation. However, if you are away from the plotter, you don't know as there is no audible alarm.

i KNOW there must be a way to set this alarm! I just can figure out how to make a global change so that all route alarms are audible. It would be even better if I can change the sound of the alarm so I can differentiate from when the boat is on autopilot in wind mode, the alarm when the course changes more than 20 deg would be different from another alarm.

A second question would be if my remote autopilot fob could accept/deny a course change, so then if it wasn't at the screen, but heard the alarm, I could just hit the red or green key on the fob.

Thanks.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 07:04   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: B&G/Navionics alarm setting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
I have a B&G zues 2 chartplotter, 4 years old, 3 major firmware upgrades, no update to the manual! This is very frustrating as they have changed the user interface with no explanation of how to do things.
Well, this certainly explains some issues I was having this past weekend. Sorry I can't help you because a friend had to help me change my MFD's settings, but at least the depths shown on the chart are in numbers large enough to read now....though they had defaulted to fathoms!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, navionics